Vol. 2 Chapter 7 - Aftermath | Encounter

—7:13 A.M. Port City of Albatros—

"We thank you for your assistance in the defence of the City" Elizabet Spoke to us, we were back in the mansion only this time we were in some sort of throne room, the Count was by the middle seat, along with a male and a female on his sides, while Elizabet stood in-front of him, holding a scroll.

"In coordination we have deemed that you have been responsible for the majority of this battle's outcome, And we shall know of your conditions for this victory."

'Alright... An Agreement of Obscurity, rights to a number of approximately half of the concentrated individuals, and Tax exemption from this particular region.' I thought

"Alright, We only have three conditions." I replied

With that said, Elizabet straightened herself, she was likely preparing for the worst.

"First, We would like to have the rights to about half of the surrendered individuals. Second, If possible we ask for tax exemption from this region, if not, I can allow to limit the exemption to only this city."

With those first conditions, She looked slightly confused, but that expression was soon overtaken by a stern demeanour.

"And lastly, we would like to sign an agreement."

"An agreement?" Elizabet finally spoke.

"Yes, You might question us about this, But we would like to create something akin to a non-aggression agreement, which includes the statement that you will prevent us from being known by the general public."

"Prevent you from being known? Why would you want that?"

"It is... Complicated, But for now are these conditions suitable?"

"They are...-" Elizabet seemed to be in deep thought, to even respond immediately

"They shall be granted. We thank you for defending the Port City." The Count Eventually continued.

"Then those are the conditions, We thank you for fighting alongside us." She continued

—~~—

(Elizabet)
After less than an hour, of all that I finally exited the chamber.

I was in my personal quarters of the mansion, being treated By one of the maids

"*sigh* ...What was that? They barely gained any spoils... And have enacted a treaty... Do they have any idea, how these conditions barely give them any benefits..."

"They must have their reasons, Ms. Echethier, they are clearly unlike us, it is possible they may be from another continent."

"But without actual confirmation, it's just an assumption. But what's more important right now is the ongoing problem, we're facing."

"Perhaps we should ally with them?"

I paused.

"I don't know of their true motives, They have power that could only be imagined in myths, it's likely they have malicious intents. I can't be sure whether to make them our allies."

—~~—North Courtyard, Albatros Mansion—~~—

160, that was the surviving total, all of them concentrated into the large north courtyard of the mansion that (along with the mansion) was raised higher in foundation from the rest of the Streets of the city. I had my Personnel in-charge of all the survivors present, we distinguished them between surrendered, Injured, to heavily injured.

"More than a thousand attacked, less than Two hundred are left. This is... Bittersweet is what I could say the least."

"Why is that?" Kara asked