Vol. 4 Chapter 6 - Afral (1/2)

(Freya POV)

I sat in my carriage in silence. Me and a large number of civilians from Elin were sent off in an exodus away from the potential wrath that will be brought upon us. We have just arrived by the outskirts of a Sanceryan Monument, founded upon a lush oasis island.

I couldn't stop observing the diplomatic scroll given by father, his orders to reach the rumoured 'Colony' set up by Aurelia, I was skeptical about Aurelia, not by its authenticity or power, but it's disposition, and especially the Leader. There are too many unknowns that I'm already shuddering Just thinking about them.

I... I practically sold myself after saying I would be the compensation for their assistance, I have continuously spent multiple moments regretting that choice, but I often pulled myself out of it due to remembering Sancerya is at stake. The people walking alongside us is a constant reminder.

—~~—Skies Of The South Afral Desert—~~—

The Afral Desert was the largest 'classical' desert in Atochia, However, despite this its temperature was not as hot as one would expect (you can thank Aurora for that), by earth standards the comparison would be, hotter than the Mongolian desert, but colder than most deserts.

While winters and snowfall are non-existent, Oases are often found, even small patches of tropical-like forests, some of which can be found in mountainous areas. These patches have been colloquially simplified as 'Islands'.

But despite this housing in the desert is a no, Primarily due to the prominence of Traditional Class Monsters, much to the annoyance and disappointment of the Desert-located Demi-human specimens, closely related to these monsters.
However, things would change a bit with the establishment of Aurelia's 'Egypt Colony'.

["This Hog-21, Approaching Specified Coordinates, Over."] an A-10 Pilot radioed.

["Copy Hog-21, maintain vector."] a reply from Egypt Command responded.

The A-10 warthog unarguably A ground soldier's best friend, would soon be known as the 'The Grey Scourge' around the region

["I got a Visual on the unit"] the Pilot said, in the distance a firefight was visible.

On the ground a small company of Soldiers were engaging a horde of monsters, much of the monsters we're if no worry, the only concern was the enormous Worm, much of the worms encountered were quite frankly easy to eliminate, but this one was not only massive, but it also shrugged off the damage caused by their armour piercing bullets

"Christ! That thing is a tank!" One of them yelled, taking cover behind an URO VAMTAC.

"I think It doesn't even have a heart or a brain. With those damn mandibles, It looks like a Bobbit Worm."

"F**k... We got a sand-striker..."

"Backblast Clear!" A female troop said, as she let loose a projectile from a Panzerfaust 3 Anti-tank weapon. It managed penetrate It's Organic Plating, severely wounding the worm and forced it to reel back in pain, but unfortunately the damage wasn't enough.