Vol. 4 Chapter 1 - Spies

(For some reason I feel like this chapter is half-baked... a Either it's true, or I'm slowly losing my mental integrity.)

—~~—~~—New Ottawa, Aurelia—~~—~~—
(3rd person POV)

Sofia is within An apartment to rent out a place that would lessen suspicion, when she rented a place she was confused at the process and tried her best to act natural, but she failed... However she was dumbfounded as the Receptionist Of the Apartment instead of calling her out, she explained to her the entire process and a few more details mostly domestic information.

She was even more awed and confused as the room, which was considered '3rd class' or 'commoner' as in most countries, seemed more noble-like combined with a bland humble design by comparison, She at one point asked if she came to the wrong room, but her escort an apartment butler said that this is the cheapest category they have to offer, and that all that the Director wanted to accomplish was to prevent the populace from suffering similar circumstances as with most other countries.

She was even more confused at the unknown and strange devices to which her escort further explained, even commenting 'Please don't be nervous to ask me or other personnel Here anything that confuses you, it is to expected for foreign immigrants, even Demi-humans.'

That line alone made her even more interested but confused, most countries excluding the Orthodoxy, Pluvimia, and the De fougere Empire shun Demi-Humans, With Aurelia not being one of those shunners, she felt somewhat relieved but she still composed herself to not get distracted from her goal.

(Sofia POV)

'Its been Five days I've been undercover in this... Directorate Of Aurelia, Everything is so different, so vibrant, and Alien. Aside from the foreign magic-users or magicians coming to visit the Directorate, there have been no signs of magic whatsoever, It baffles me to see a country within the western regions even managed such feats without magic.' She thought.

'Their Televisions, Flashlights, Cars, Seven-Eleven, Buses, And so many others... So many things I'm aware of existing on the Nauthyr Continent Just Neighbouring Atochia. I would love to know more.'

'...And one topic that has been giving me hope, was that the fact the Directorate doesn't discriminate Demi-humans, just like the Holy orthodoxy. I'am truly hoping that none of this was just the surface... But for some reason a part of me wants to go deeper, to see if the truth counteracts what I see.' I immediately close the book, and settle a plan that I have been thinking about...

The Facilitated Capital Base or FCB, as mentioned in those... News channels, is essentially the home and operating area of the Director. What caught my attention was it's entire appearance, no gold, no grandeur, it's completely blocky, Diagonal, one of the attendees called it as 'Geometric' if that's correct. But that doesn't Mean it looked ugly, it looks fairly interesting, despite its design.

I have been planning to break into it to find the secrets... I've been paranoid of doing so, but I must know the truth...

"Wish me luck... Give me strength and guidance, Goddess Aurora." I prayed before I head out.

———Northwestern Regions, Directorate Of Aurelia (Hours earlier)———

A single Individual, with long black hair, a bang that covers her right eye, and a moe fang just protruding from her mouth, strolled through the streets of A city still under construction. Vivian, She was the spy sent by mesforstia's queen, most commonly identified as the queen's niece.

She was Casually observing everything. She held her composure as she continuously saw metallic carriages pass by, in number she never expected. They had a very similar design philosophy to the 'steam wagons' that were recently developed after the exchanges with the Reichian empire.