Vol. 1 Chapter 12 - New Personnel

The town ceded their goodbyes as our vehicles departed to return to our base we managed to shove a few prisoners for interrogations, including the subordinate of that commander, into our vehicles, after... I lost personnel..., I was too optimistically Presumptuous and expected no deaths but in the end, both sides took their toll, I lost The majority of my men, and the other side lost their leader, Second in command, and most of their units that arrived at the town. This was my second failure, even though they uplifted me, deep down I know this was my fault.

And What terrified me, was what I was capable of, and how it felt. I used Matter manipulation which was classified as a Creation-Conversion ability, as an Offensive ability, with my array of knowledge regarding sub-atomic particles and science. Whatever just occurred, I felt like a passenger, but on the other hand I still felt like I was still in control, even though what I was doing wasn't something I would choose to do... I'm trying hard, to bury it in my mind, as it was painful to keep remembering. Even though this was driven by the thirst to avenge my lost Personnel, The scale of violence I performed exceeded my limits.

We eventually returned to the base, while escorting the captured individuals to their cells. One of the scout personnel approached us, he was a sergeant, he was older than me by about a year, had a slender build, and had black hair and black eyes, actually to be honest several personnel here have eyes that match with their hair colour, most of the hair colours are between black and brown. Most of us were still wearing The Wehrmacht uniforms, whilst collectively referring to ourselves as a 'United Militia'

"Sir."

"Yes, what is the situation."

"During our squad's scouting operation we found something that may be of concern to you?"

"?"

—~~—

"During one of our scouting we noticed that some of our electrical equipment were acting up, we were confused as to why, after about 10 minutes of some blundering, there was an area roughly northwest of our location, we continued through and the further we went the stronger the disruption was until we reached a point where the equipment were going severely haywire, it was in a small stone-littered valley where we found a small opening that was difficult for a man to even get through crawling, but we noticed glowing deep in that crevice."

"Glowing... There may be some form of bioluminescence, whether it be material or organic. But if that's where the origin is located, the glowing may be related to the interference with your equipment... Likely akin to that of a pulse of Electrical-discharge"

"Your equipment doesn't use magic correct?" Esther suddenly said, which made the four of us look at her.

"Uh, Yes... They are purely mechanical."

"Is some of your equipment work similar to a compass?"

"Well, yes, tracking equipment and the sorts those were the ones that suffered more disturbance." He replied

"I think I may know what is, but I can't confirm it."

"Well, we would still like to know your theory."

"It may be Magucite Ore, most commonly known as Force Ore." Magucite Ore...? Ah, a native mineral I'm unaware about, I guess this world is incredibly different in sub-geographic ecosystem as-well.

"""Magucite?"""

"You are a resurrected one and the three of you were created, it's likely you have appeared recently, so none of you might know. It's mostly referred to as Force Ore, It is a mineral that produces immense force which can push or pull objects in any direction, they do not have any duration and they can be used continuously as long as a magic user can provide lightning-magic to control it."