Vol. 3 Chapter 16 - Anti-Imperialism (1/2)

(Note to self: My writing sucks)

—~~—~~—Limestone Plains, Imperial Territory—~~—~~—

"Why are those things so fast!?"

"I can't believe barbarians could make something like this!"

Several imperial soldiers and officers alike, were nearly powerless to the point of only complaining and cursing at the Directorate's soviet-mimicking charges, coupled with air superiority.

Their Steam-powered tanks were armed with Breechloading Black-powder Cannons and have a slow top Speed while the MBTs were armed with a 105mm Rifled Gun most of which are armed with either HEAT (High-Explosive Anti-Tank), APFSDS (Armour-Piercing Fin-Stabilized Discarding Sabot), or HEAP (High-explosive Anti-personnel) whilst having a top speed of approximately 53 kph, over Five Times faster. With Infantry providing Supporting Fire as 'crowd control'.

Whatsmore were Recently fielded F-4 Phantoms streaking across the sky, dropping several cluster bombs approved, albeit with hesitation, for usage by Matthew in-order to minimize morale and maximize fear. Few Numbers have been fielded as of now and a few hundred more were on the way.

"Banzai!" A tank commander yelled as the imperial army was diminished, multiple Type 74 tanks hit faster speeds and rapidly close their distance between the fleeing soldiers. Eitherither; getting trampled and crushed by their treads, killed off Via their coaxial machine gun, or getting reduced to chum via HEAP.

Several Armies sent to fight en masse were being wiped out fast, numbers dropping from Thousands to Hundreds, what's worse for them was that they barely even doing anything to the enemy other than 'minor damages', but one could say those minor damages could've never even happened if the directorate soldiers and vehicles didn't charge at the enemy for psychological warfare purposes.

———Outpost-UK-3———

"Everything is definitely going downhill, I truly thank you for upholding the alliance and stepping in." King Cenric said as he continued to sip his Coffee.

"That's imperative isn't it?" Matthew responded.

"For a few nations yes, but as for us. Due to many nationalists in our nobility and some in our ranks, we don't have that many allies to assist us." He explained, Nationalists can be quite appealing for many, but depending on the level of fanaticism, they need to be neutralized accordingly.

"So now we will be fighting two fronts your majesty, I suggest splitting our forces a bit. 30% of our divisions present on the frontlines will be handling your 'civil war' in-order to deal as much re-education for the northerners, because I would understand that you wouldn't want to fight your people." Matthew said, he was actually hoping to gain territory afterwards, as this world's primitive outlook sees larger as more fearsome completely dissuading the factors of capability and geography. So He'll be hoping to take advantage of that mindset.

"You would really do so? Alright."

"And so that leaves 70% of our forces going against the empire, alongside your forces. You can be capable of focusing the nations resolve against the empire for that period of starvation."

"Alright, That seems comfortable. When shall I be able to return to the capital?"

"Well, When you don't feel pain." Matthew responded

"well I no longer feel pain so- AH!" He Said as he straightened his back which only resulted in him experiencing severe trauma traversing his spinal column. Several injuries he had was primarily located by his spine after incidentally falling, which was quite worrying considering his age.