Vol. 3 Chapter 12 - Demonstrate

Several civilian's Eyes were glued to the several armoured Vehicles, all of them wondering 'what type of Magic or Mage is giving them mobility without a horse?', but magic-sensitive individuals such as Mages, only think 'How are they moving without the presence of magic?'

The Vehicles range from Light armoured Vehicles, Personnel Carriers, Combat Vehicles, and Tanks.

They eventually pass down the Cobblestone pathway leading towards the site where the demonstration would be held, which is a semi-flat & treeless Field, which was also used for jousting or horseman training.

However three vehicles stopped just nearby the entrance area of the Manor, a Toyota High Mobility Vehicle (Modified for Right-hand Traffic), a Saurer 4K 4FA APC, and a Leopard 1A5 MBT

———

One of the Southern Nobles rushed out of the patio, and approached one of the men in grey exiting the Armoured Personnel Carrier.

"Excuse me, Sir?" He asked.

"Yes?" He replied

"May I ask where the... Director is?"

The Soldier smiled, before seemingly pointing at an angle to the sky, to which he responded by tilting his head in confusion. Eventually the faint chopping sound of Engines were perceived.

The King and Lynette were by the Raised Area of the manor, Along with a few Southern nobles, and all three of the northern nobles.

"...Haha..." Lynette silently laughed, as she recognizes that noise, but she eventually stood in confusion and Awe as she sees the V-22 Osprey.

"They never showed us that..." the prince uttered.

"They only showed us their Weapons, not their Aircraft."

"Aircraft...? Wait, you knew?"

"Mhm."

———

The V-22 Osprey Now hovered over the air of the enormous Empty space in-front of the Manor, alongside two MH-60 Helicopters. I saw were almost everyone, excluding the royalty nad members of the guard, were frozen in shock and awe. Upon landing the rear Door and side doors of the Osprey opened, allowing us to exit. I exited first, I wore my Old but recognizable grey Uniform, and Met the Four members of the Royal Family.

"It is a pleasure to meet you in-person your majesty." I replied, being formal.

"It too is a pleasure to meet you, Director. The One That has decimated the Empire's Invading Forces, and defeated their Otherworlders."

"This kid?" One of the northern nobles eventually approached us, which made Lynette and The prince look at him with annoyance. I even heard a mutter "Oh dear Aurora, No..."

"Hahaha... Oh my goodness, that's a good one."

"What exactly is a good one?" I said putting a neutral expression, which made him look at me with a bit of annoyance.

"You... Defeated the Otherworlders of the Empire? At-first I Partially doubted the fact that you are a child leading an unofficial country, but Defeating Otherworlders? What a joke."

"Silence." The king eventually spoke, which made the noble loom at him with confusion.

"Your majesty, you can't be serious... This... This Kid-"

"This Kid, managed to Order the elimination of thousands in the span of minutes, and retrieved two Otherworlders from the Empire's grasp."

"You believe that your majesty?! Stop talking about that damn fantasy, this child is but a joke!" He retorted, which only resulted in the gazes filled with cold hatred from most of my personnel, and everyone else (excluding the other northerners) stared with worry.