Vol. 2 Chapter 13 - Hilgus Valley (2/3)

"It's a Bloody army..." Senka uttered as all three of us hear the sound of distant marching, as-well as a horn that was sounded. They were a bit obscured for visual contact.

"Senka." I spoke, my tone was filled with anxiety, with no capability of glitching, I was faced with a problem I can't run from anymore. Or rather, I didn't want to run anymore.

"Y-yes?" She replied.

I eventually handed her the sniper rifle.

"Cover my back." I said, to which she responded with a reluctant nod.

"I'm coming." Lynette spoke, which drew my attention to her.

"Say what now?" I spoke.

"I said, I'm coming with you."

"If they spot you, you will be attacked on sight, No questions asked." I disagreed.

"Either way, I will be found. Either now, or next time, I think I'm going to uphold what you said, So I'm done running."
I just accepted it, I doubt she would refuse to back down here.

Only for me to catch a bright glimpse from my peripheral vision, I turned around to see a volley of Arrows, their tips appeared to be engulfed in fire.

"Tryhards..." Senka muttered

I immediately raise my hand to influence the surrounding air particles into a dome, to create a feasible barrier against the incoming projectiles. The arrows either bounced off or impacted the air particles, most of which snapped or fractured, after the volley ceased, I immediately let the dome dissipate.

"*gulp* Are You still sure?" I asked Lynette, referring to her sentence prior.

"I cannot be anymore Sure than ever." She replied.

———

(Andr POV)
I have ordered the main army to be on stand by, even though our steam-powered Tanks could easily overwhelm them, They are overkill in my eyes as I can easily deal with her and what the disturbance was myself.

We slowly traversed the semi-steep slope of the middle of this valley, me and a platoon were detached from our main forces, As we are more than aware of our might. Actually it's more like them, They used to treat me less of an equal and more like an inferior, and even after I got respect, they still stand true to their pride. Whatever, this pride and number is what helped us earn victory after victory, This country was at-least good enough after getting summoned.

Upon getting into visual range of our strike spot, we eventually see our target.

"Huh... So you actually managed to survive that?" I asked, as I see her standing there alone. 'Hmm... Then what was that disturbance? Bah... Imperial mages aren't always as accurate. Perhaps he must've detected an abandoned Subterranean Temple or some other S**t.'

"I always have ways to dodge an onslaught."

"Pretty Good... But not good enough." I replied, immediately dashing towards her, Faster than she could react, However.

"Kuh!" I yelled, as I was knocked back and was now several meters just in-front of my platoon, Who were about to charge but I stopped them as I slowly got back up, and faced ahead to see what sent me back.

A person roughly of similar age to me, wearing a Grey Attire, and has greyish-blue Eyes...

...

Y'know It just screams Nazi, but who am I to judge?

"I'm guessing your the disturbance that Mage sensed?" I asked, ready for Combat.

"Disturbance?" He seemed confused