Vol. 1 Chapter 1 - Ikarashi

I'am Matthew Stephen Ikarashi, I'am Of German-Japanese ethnicity, But I was born, raised, and studied in Canada, Which is stereotypically why I had a good education and why I'm usually kind.

I was often mentioned as a prodigy of sorts... I had quite the intelligence, above average memory, and I was Ambidextrous, however I tend to prefer my left-hand.

My intelligence pushed me to be interested with the Fields of Automation, Chemistry, Biology, Science, and Military, more specifically the mechanics of their internal systems.

But Despite my gifts... I was more or less Cursed...

———Southern United States———

'This was just the beginning.'
The United States Of America, The Land of the Free. Land of pure bollocks is what I should've called it though.
This was merely a family a trip, I was happy at this time...

Though it went downhill...

"Matthew!" My mother screamed as I was accidentally fell into one of the pens of the zoo.

"Hold on Kid!" I heard someone yell as I try to push myself up to my feet, I could only assume him to be a zoo employee.
I did a double-Take in looking up and forward, to see an American alligator steadily approaching me emerging from the waters...

"H-h..." I struggled to make out words.

"Mom!" I eventually yelled, as the alligator's jaws opened.

However I was saved as a metallic pole struck the alligator.

"Get him out!" A man said as he dropped down into the pen to where I'am, yelling at Another employee.

"W-Wait!"

"Don't worry about me, Kid! I can hand-!" The employee's sentence was cut-off with a deafening scream which made my blood crawl, the alligator's jaws latched onto the leg of the employee, Everything in my memory was blurry but I was sure I was experiencing something lethal, the most defining feature was the amount of blood being spilled.

"Oh My God!" I yelled out, covering my mouth as I continued to be pulled up.

"Matthew, Don't look!" My Father yelled, as my eyes were eventually closed, but I can still hear the reverberating sounds of tearing of flesh, the ripping of skin, and the snapping of bones. A scream was abruptly cut out.

'W-What Just happened...!?' is all I could even say in my mind, I was too young, and too careless...

———Quebec———

I was walking down the street with a few purchased items my mother asked for as she had a minor illness, and I suggested for this, I already know how to handle myself, and take a Cab.

"Hello, Sir." I said as I greeted an old man, he only waved back with a smile.

I was eventually by the side of a large Office & Luxury Hotel building, I often like this view, the marvel of engineering.

'I won't like this view anymore due to remembering that experience...'

"*whistle*" I whistled a favourite tune of mine, only for a shadow to precariously be visible.
And then a body lands in-front of me by just a few feet, a loud slam and cracking of bones made me freeze and place, droplets of blood lands on my face and torso.

"..." my eyes were wide, and I couldn't speak, I could only manage to tilt my head downwards to only see the disturbing sight of a body, a pool of blood forming around it. The impact was severe, and mangled its limbs.
I dropped my bags...