Vol. 2 Chapter 11

—Crescent Bay, Primary Base—
—17 minutes, after the disappearance of Matthew—

It has been less than 20 minutes, Kara was in a state of bewilderment, frustration, and fear, she Constantly murmured to herself while grasping her hair and her pupils were dilated. This wasn't only her, sagoraki, some personnel, and even the soldiers were often unfazed and disciplined-like were in a state of disorientation as they entered a room that was usually for minor talks, Esther was among them, she was shocked.

After awhile Kara Spoke

"*anxious pant* Sagorski... I need you to do something, for this situation..." she said anxiety still in her voice being overshadowed by a somewhat timid tone.

"What...?" Sagorski said with confusion and timidity.

"What did you just say to me?" His voice eventually drew out into irritation.

"I said what I said..." Kara replied.

"Do I look like I take orders?! Matthew is gone, and you're the one who's ordering another from a separate department!"

"Why can't you, Huh!? Matthew is...! I don't even know where the hell he was transported to!"

"So you want to take command!?"

"I need to take command! Why? You want Matthew gone for good out there!?"

"Enough!" Esther eventually said with Suppressed anger, which caught the attention and wide-eyed stares of confusion, she was mostly a partially quiet or calm individual, but now she was in a rage.

"Is this what you are going to do? Really?!" She continued, her sudden outburst made several personnel listen attentively.

Esther slowly walks around the entire table as she speaks.

"Matthew Your creator and leader is out there, Every second counts towards his fate, and what do you people choose to do? Just yell at each other's faces like a bunch of Northern nobles! To get Matthew back, you need to stop bickering over command of the situation, and work in unison! Isn't that what Matthew wanted? For all of you to be cooperative, responsible, and independent? Well he would be disappointed right now, because of this argument, for all I care he might just be getting hunted down!" She ended.

Kara and Sagorski looked at each-other, exchanging worrisome glances, before looking back at Esther.

"...Well? What are 'we' going to do? What must be done...?" She questioned.

Kara looked down for several moments in thought, before she looked back at Esther.

—~~—

A certain room in the primary base was mainly for tracking or identification purposes, a monitor roughly 2.5 meters wide and 1.2 meters in height, was placed by the wall.

The monitor provided a Map with 97.8% accuracy in its details and landmarks, most of which were given by several unmanned aerial vehicles, and a few more refinement with informative assistance by Esther and a few individuals whom were native or knowledgeable in the nomadic regions, however the details gradually decreased to about 83.2% with regions outside the nomadic regions but they were still feasible.

"How are we supposed to find Matthew?" Esther asked as she stood beside Sagorski who was operating a terminal which connects to the monitor

"Oh well... Being the simp that I'am, I placed a 'Tracers' inside Matthew's M1911 and M16."

"...B-But what happens if the weapons were stolen, or forgotten."

"One Matthew never forgets his weapons due to being paranoid. And second... I may have also implanted one in his permanent heartbeat monitor."