Vol. 3 Chapter 19 - Capitulation

——~~——

Three Arch-mages chant whilst surrounding an orb as they manifested streams of mana around the last Imperial Artefact, while the Imperial Practitioner stared at the orb preparing for its use, with Emperor Cyrus observing everything unfold, desperate for victory, despite the fact that the economy has been shattered.

A bright light eventually envelops the chamber as the Three Arch-mages were reduced to dust and their robes fall flat on the floor, while the practitioner held the Orb in his hands.

Cyrus smiled, believing this would be the key for last minute victory.

—~~———~~—

Andrea caused enough damage towards the internal defensive forces Of  the Capital.

"Remember us!?" Andrea yelled as she continued landing bolt after bolt consisting of plasma towards incoming soldiers. She was eventually facing a heavily armoured horde, being surrounded by Several Steam-powered tanks.

"Andrea, let me handle this." Leo said as he passed Andrea.

"What do you mean handle it? You are aware, Director, Nullified your-" her sentence was cut-off as Leo manifested several Constantly crackling and spreading Streaks Of High-voltage engulfing the horde piercing through their armour.

"Power! Unlimited Power!" Leo yelled What Matthew suggested earlier, Several of the Soldiers screams were being tuned out by the snapping and crackling noises of the high-voltage streams. Their bodies were mildly being burned and their internal systems were getting paralyzed, losing all capability to move, See, and breathe.

The end result were the steaming piles of their bodies, capsuled inside of armour, and immobile Tanks who's interiors are as hot as ovens. Andrea looks at Leo, with a shocked expression. Leo only smiled smugly at her. Before they continued forward

They ran ahead, followed by several Foot soldiers, with a Type 74 tank lagging behind due to barricades and debris.
The Foot soldiers outran them, as they arrived by Stairs leading towards the raised and flat level of the Capital's Palace, There they stopped in their tracks as a single robed man stood blocking their path. His eyes glowing bright white.

"Oh crap... Okay everyone, do not underestimate him by charging." Leo said.

"We never underestimate our enemies, Sir Leo." One of the Soldiers assured.

The robed man slowly walked forward. This was the practitioner.

"My fellow soldiers... Please listen, Don't you see, you are being controlled, by your own Masters?" He said, as he raised his staff and their surroundings went a bit vibrant, both of them realized what's up he was attempting 'mind control'

'Oh This is bad...' Leo thought

"Those two who are leading you betrayed and abandoned the empire, it's people, and it's strive for freedom, just for their own gain, and for tyranny, all for a single soul who has been purely inexperienced. You must open your eyes, and fight back for your freedom, to see the truth!" He continued, Leo and Andrea cringing at how desperate his blatant and inexcusable lies were to try and enhance the effects.

"Guys don't believe him, open fire..." Andrea uttered, but they stood in place.

"Guys?" Leo continued for Andrea.

"Hear me, my fellow soldiers! For you must not be blinded and join justice! Imperial justice!" He yelled as he radiated a bright light, which eventually caused several of the soldiers to lower their weapons, and stand still...

"Oh no..."

"My fellows, Fight against Tyranny! And send them into oblivion! Attack!" He yelled, to which Leo and Andrea braced for damage.