Vol. 1 Chapter 8: What... Did I just do?

(Esther POV)

Teleportation, one of the advanced-grade magics I have, I was capable of transporting myself, objects, or other people within close or far distances in the blink of an eye. 'Mother... Thank god, we were here, I never wanted it to be like this, please don't Die... I don't want to lose you too...'

I teleported myself and Sera towards a different location in the town, a Courtyard.

"!?" Sera was in confusion, that was expected, I never performed not told them my Teleportation properties... even though that was a high risk on myself. Sera's gaze shifted her green eyes around, her blonde hair fluttering as she quickly observed her surroundings, before she gazed back at me.

"Sera..."

"Esther... I-" She stuttered.

"Please, don't do this... They brought my family, They will be tortured, whether they are In the guilds hands, or those men in grey your allied with."

"Sera, don't come to conclusions, They are-" I stopped my sentence, as she fired an Arrow at me with such speed, but one arrow didn't end it. She began shooting arrows at me at fast intervals.

Using enhanced Body Magic, which gradually consumes mana similar to how a fire slowly melts the Wax of a candle, I managed to dodge her arrows, she stopped firing as I eventually lunged at her, and she pulled out a One-edged Sword, My staff was reinforced with some kind non-rusting cast iron which gave it the durability to that of armour.

Our weapons impacted however Sera's sword cracked slightly, to which she responded by athletically jumping back, before keeping her blade high.

"Sera, please listen to me!"

"Just Shut up! I can't believe any lies that those humans have said! I don't want to lose them! Just-!" She yelled while tears for me in her eyes, before she was knocked back, as a Loud boom resounded, and blood began spilling from her shoulder.

"Huh!?" I said in shock.

"Gah! *cough* *struggle noises*"

"Ms. Esther!" I heard a familiar voice, as I turn around to see Kara the subordinate of that Resurrected One. Dual-wielding stranger looking 'guns'.

"Kara!" I yelled in response.

"Come on, we need to get out of here." She said as she approached me.

"No... Wait..." I said faintly in objection, before I turned around to look at Sera, her eyes were closed but tears still formed out, as if she was accepting her fate.

"I need some help."

"What?" She said, before she looked at Sera, she looked back at me in confusion. I think she guessed my intentions.
"But, She is..."

"Please, I'll explain it later. But really I need some help, I can repay you people. But I need your help." I pleaded, while She looked to the ground whilst pondering before she looked back at me after several moments of silence.

"Alright, Sir might talk to me about this, but... He did want me to assist allies, as he assists us."

I smile and nodded, to which she nodded back.

"What about the Others?"

"They are busy with the subhumans of the guild, I think it will buy us some time for whatever your plan is. But there will only be Tw- Three of us."

"That will be fine, but I will need to heal her first. And get her with us."

"Do What you do best."