Vol. 2 Chapter 12 - Hilgus Valley (1/3)

Surroundings began to change as we continued through the forest, until we exited the foliage, and greeted by mountainous regions.

"Alright we are here... Hilgus Valley." Lynette Spoke.

"W-Wait... Didn't you, say this was near the Cut-off territory." I asked with confusion

"Yes... But heading through this area is so far the fastest way for us to get from here and into the Nomadic Pluvimian Territory."

"But the risks are high." Senka replied, I silently agreed with a single nod.

"I'm taking those risks..." she replied

The Mountainous region spans a relatively large distance, that hilgus valley is just a small part of a Sector of the region, the valley's area was adjacent to the cut-off point but it will be a fast direction towards the Nomadic Regions just southeast of here.

The Valley must be under the scope of a phenomenon as it is quite a cold tundra here, snow scattering the landscape between the valley like a white river, Me and Sagorski have estimated the position of the continent to be somewhere within the same latitude of the Southern United States, yet this valley is not elevated too much.

I was trailing right behind as they conversed, I have no reason to disturb the conversation especially because I don't want to postpone their mild reconciliation, instead I prompted to continue in my attempts at trying to activate my Relay, The attempts are futile as as of now it is virtually Disrupted. The concept of how magic works or tampers with personal abilities is unknown to me.

'Will... Will They find me or... have they gone independent?' I thought a bit anxious believing that my separation prompted them to go completely independent. I like that thought, but... Them simply abandoning any reason or restraint especially in this primitive world, Makes me shiver a bit.

"Hey Matthew." I heard Senka Spoke, which made me snap from my mind.

"Yes?" I replied.

"What is your power?" Lynette asked

"What?" I replied

"Resurrected ones have been Documented as to have been blessed with 3 abilities or powers. What is your main Power?" She elaborated, and asked once more.

"Oh... Uhh... Matter Manipulation."

"What...?" Senka said with a shocked tone.
"What?" While Lynette Spoke with confusion.

Just their reactions give me insight to their knowledge, Senka coming from her world and at an age of 14, likely knows what Sub-atomic particles are. While Lynette on the other hand was born, raised, and lived in this world, a few centuries behind technology, chemistry, and other fields.

"I'am capable of Influencing, Distorting, and Reconstructing Sub-atomic Particles."

"What is that?" Lynette asked.

"Umm..." I'll try to simplify this a bit, but there is a chance I'll just be butchering it.

"Things that make up all physical objects in this world, each object or element on the face of the earth, liquid, gas, or solid, consist of sub-atomic particles, all of which are arranged differently because they are what render the object as it is. With my ability, I'am capable of manipulating those." I said trying to sound as simple as possible, even leaving out several laws and details, hoping it would not give her any ideas.

"I don't think I understood what you've just said... But... Show me."

We then stopped, and I raised my hand opening my palm, before deciding to go 'nostalgic' with the same thing I first created, a sphere of Fresh water.