Vol. 2 Chapter 5 - Battle of Albatros (1/2)

(Elizabet POV)
It was Nightfall, The Sun was long gone, and the Half-moon was our only light source, glistening in the sky like a dimmed Light Crystal.

'Princess, I Pray to you that I will stand tall. I Pray that you will be back here, safe and sound, You are my guardian and I'am your servant.'

I said in my head, while Hope and determination, not just for the city, but for Lynette.

However my deep thought was shattered as I noticed a glint of light occur in the distance, from the north gate
"...?" I look towards the location, before...

"!" "Everyone, Take cover!" With that yelled out order several defenders hurriedly hid under protected and roofed areas, while other used shields to cover them. I used my shield to cover myself.

Fire Arrows began striking several areas by the north gate, the arrowfall lasted for several seconds, before I could hear the compiled yells of hundreds of individuals occur from the distance and the clattering noises of weaponry.

"...They're here! Evacuate all civilians by the north gate! Armed volunteers be cautious!" I yelled, signalling several defenders to prepare for battle.

———

(Matthew POV)
From my binoculars, Several Arrows engulfed in Fire rained down from the sky, Several arrows have landed from the balcony, I tried to zoom out just a bit to see if any civilians were killed or injured fortunately their seemed to be no deaths, but from this distance and the obstruction by some landmarks, I'am unsure whether there are injuries and if there are, how severe are they.

"Engulfed By Fire..." I uttered

"Director, you will have to remain in the mansion."

"Kara, I can't do that... I have to do something, lives are spat stale and I can't revive my personnel, I'am only capable of replacing them which seems selfish and uncaring. And I'm not a coward."

"Well you acted like one, in your previous life."

"...What?" I said with confusion as I turned towards Kara

"A- I was, Just being Offensive, I'm sorry sir." she replied, oh Goodness. I thought she knows my personal memories too... O-Or does she? N-No... this is not the time to be pondering.

"I see... Kara, please. I need to do something. Do you know how fight alongside several personnel?"

"I can fight easily on my own, I never miss." She assured

"Alright, then we'll be separating here, Esther and I will be heading for the north gate, Please don't get yourself injured."

"No promises." she smiled, before heading for the Land Rover Defender.

"W-Wait." I immediately say, stopping her in her tracks.

"hm?"

"That punishment last time was lighthearted, Here." I brought out her two Uzi Submachine Guns, and she reluctantly took hold of them.

"Are you really-?"

"Yes." I replied

She eventually took a stance to salute, before she entered the Land Rover, she accelerated in speed alongside the M5 Armoured personnel Carrier

Esther was near me, and I looked to her staff which she held.

"Alright, Esther. You might feel disoriented, but this will work." I said as I raise my hand

"What will?"

"What you saw me do, During that Golem Incident." I said, before immediately grabbing the staff she was still holding with both hands in a diagonal position, and quickly 'Blinked' out of the area, I have been testing this ability multiple times over, I seem to have gotten used to it, though I still feel slightly temporarily weakened in terms of Senses, I may bypass this too.