Vol. 1 Chapter 4 - Hostile Contact

—a minute since the fight took place—

The girl named Esther managed to hold out the attack for quite awhile, she used magic to strengthen the walls of the two carriages behind hers, and at the same time retaliating the attacks from inside her carriage, while several armed people were in a skirmish outside.

Esther was eventually damaged severely as a high-vectoring streak from the hooded man's sword struck her, she collapsed to the ground her abilities faltered which lowered the defence of the other convoy's

"*pant* Sven! You need to-!"

As she was about to tell Sven to exit the vehicle and run. His head was separated from his shoulders in a fountain of blood.

"!"

She couldn't even mutter our words, as the body slams into the floor of the carriage like a ragdoll, a puddle of blood forming. As Esther was in a sitting position blinking several times at the horrific sight in-from of her.

"Sve- *struggled breathing*"

She was eventually grabbed by the neck from behind, and thrown across the middle the paved road, landing several yards away from her carriage, and the hooded man slowly approaches before stopping at-least 5 meters in-front of her.

"Oh, Esther. You know... None of this would've happened if you would've just listened to us."

"And what!? Continue to assassinate, murder, and enslave!? you're a bunch of maniacs!"

"We do what we have to do, that's what our guild does! You had a debt, and now it's time to finish it!"

"Sphere of Plas-!"

As she chants an attack on the hooded man, but he was faster. He swung his sword horizontally which created a streak of light which pierced through Esther's torso, opening a bleeding wound.

"That's useless..." the man says, eventually walking forward closer as he pointed his sword towards the forehead of Esther, grasping the handle with both of his hands, before lifting it to his side

"Goodbye Esther, Say hello to Death herself for m-!"

—Gunshot

Before he could finish Esther off, a boom resounded from the forest beside them.

"Boss?"

"Boss!" The men behind him yell as his body eventually falls back-first onto the ground, his sword losing its glow reverting into a dull white.

His forehead bearing an open hole rapidly bleeding as steam slowly emits from it.

"Who- W-What was that!?" They began to scan their surroundings, their leader killed. Several of them were scattering, but some were hard-headed and immediately went to try and kill Esther, one tried but ended up the same with a-

—*Gunshot*

His body too falls to the ground, only this time the shot originated from down the paved road. Several of the men either scatter to the ground, while the bowmen stand their ground, eventually several figures emerge from in-front of the darkness, before bright lights light up the location.

"W-what is-..." Esther says still lying back-first on the ground suffering major Injuries, having difficulty in seeing who the figures were

——(Behind the foliage)——
"Two Targets down, Several of you remain here, I'll be heading towards the remaining individuals."

"Sir, yes sir"

——(Back)——
Several men holding daggers begin to try and burst into the carriages, while others were slowly approaching the Girl