Vol. 2 Chapter 3 - Second Contact

(Elizabet POV)

I had returned to the north gate, donning my armour and pass through the armed folk wielding weapons and makeshift weapons in anticipation, I reach the Gate that was in weak condition most of the iron bolts and supports have been damaged and are weakened severely, but are still somewhat intact.

"Leader, I can't make of what they are, please take a look." One of my guards by the Gate said, as he looked through a metallic-slit and back at me.

I quickly look through the small rectangular frame, but large enough for two eyes to see through.

I was confused at what I saw. Four Carriages, none of which have the same appearance but all have the same coloration, a Greenish-Grey colour, with several darker Greenish-grey Blemishes. Three of the carriages seem to be closed over, while one was not, there seemed to be a strange arbalest on the non-closed over one, but it was facing the opposite direction. As for the three ones, the more troublesome-looking one was at the far back, it seemed to have Multiple wheels covered over by some metallic wrap and just by looking at it, it already seems to be more heavily armoured than the other Two whom were at the very front.

"By the Gods... What are those...?" Isabeau said under her breath next to me.

"Neither do I know... They may be siege weapons or battering rams, but they don't look anything like them. And I don't see any reinforcements nearby... Do you know their motives?"

"None of us had made actual contact, however it may seem they are reasonable individuals as they stopped their carriages as One of the guards yelled 'Stop, Do not advance any further!'."

"We cannot be sure of that, after all deception tactics are the common use by Bandits, and other enemies."

———

(Matthew POV)
We have stopped just dozens of meters from the Gate just to indicate that we are not hostile, yet they are already this provocative.

Several Adventurers and Guards wielding swords and Axes, are in-between us and the Gate, not to mention several Ballistas and a few 16th century cannons are on preparation to fire. To be honest this is really unreasonable in modern terms, but as we are in a Medieval-Fantasy Universe with dungeons and dragons, I can't really Pinpoint the blame on them for being precarious, just as I'am.

Even without the tanks here, Events are beginning to divert from our original plans.

"Right now, I'm extremely paranoid on what to do, one incorrect action they might as-well barrage us."

"I'll exit the truck."

"Esther?" Kara said, while I simply looked back to Esther.

"Don't worry Kara, I won't get myself killed. They know me & they know my face, I can speak with them."

———

(Elizabet POV)
Just when I was contemplating on my next course of actions to these unidentified individuals, we heard a sound of metal opening and closing, the carriage at the very front seemed to move slightly.

"Huh?"

Then a young girl stepped into view, slowly walking before standing by the side of the first carriage, It was a Mage, she was wearing a Mage's clothing, the clothing was Blue-Grey with markings that signify her being a Dual-Type Mage, she held a staff which seemed unlike any staff I've seen before, most staves were made of wood or other Refined minerals, her staff was wooden but seemed to be reinforced in a several places with Some sort of Metal, the crystal mounted on the staff also signifies her being a dual-Type, Blue and Red separately in coloration.