Vol. 4 Chapter 7 - Afral (2/2)

A stand-off quickly ensued on the ziggurat, and several of the remaining soldiers kept their sight towards it awaiting orders. Unfortunately for them, several individuals just outside of the area are slowly approaching them, dismounting and leaving their vehicles behind, however those that remained were actively awaiting orders to engage.

Two of the LAV-25-ADs were sent to another direction in preparation for the detected incoming airborne units.

["This is command. Try to create a passage for the civilians to escape once all enemies retaliate."] Andrea said

["Copy That."] one of the Soldiers responded, the groups were mixed in terms to camouflage. Most had desert attire while some had Forestry attire due to the Oases scattering the desert. In this combat situation, they were lacking the majority of the advantage of stealth.

However, fortunately, they did have the element of surprise, several of their targeted soldiers were facing away.

"Say Goodnight, Bluecoats..." The Soldier uttered

(A/N: The Urestan's colour is a dark hue of blue.)

—Ziggurat—

"Who the hell are you?" The second assassin said.

"Something you wouldn't dare trying to mess with." Esther said.

"Yeah, Definitely." The first assassin said, before sending a volley of Daggers towards Esther. However all upon reaching 6 inches from her, an energy shield formed and the daggers were redirected to eliminate several of the Urestanese soldiers.

The assassins were a bit shocked. Her attire and staff was clearly that of an ordinary mage. More skillful mages are capable of utilizing single words, but she didn't even chant.

"Fire!" One of the Urestanese soldiers yelled, the girl held onto her staff with both hands and two walls by her sides were formed the bullets were reduced to ash upon making contact. The walls dissipated afterwards.

"...You're a special one aren't you?"

"You can thank My Director, for that." Esther said, her reaction time just in-time for the 1st assassin to charge at her at a blinding speed.

""Kh!"" They both uttered.

"Make sure to keep that B***h at bay, I'll deal with this one!" The 2nd assassin said preparing to skewer Freya, However a stream of light suddenly pierced her shoulder.

"Ah! Oi! What do you think you're do-! Ing...?" She yelled, before she became confused.

"Go Go Go! Through there! Get out of here, now!" One of the Soldiers yelled firing into the air, as several of the civilians quickly run away without hesitation.

"Oi, Control the crowd!" The 2nd assassin yelled to several of the Urestanese soldiers, only for them to be cut down by repetitive streaks of light. Several of the steam-tanks turn their turrets, and fired upon the unknown Hostiles. While many were injured, Their capitalization on speed, allowed them to daisy outmaneuver the steam-tanks.

"Fire in the hole!" One of them yelled after shoving three grenades into one of the firing slits on the side of the tank.

"Huh?" One of the crewmen uttered looking at the grenades on the floor.

"...Umm... What the heck is thi-?" His Sentence was soon cut off as it detonated and the tank was rendered out of service.

"You've got to be kidding me! These bastards!" Before the girl could conceal herself for combat she was quickly attacked and pushed off the stairs by Freya.