Vol. 3 Chapter 10.5 - Short Past

I walk through the corridors heading for my personal quarters, in-Order to sleep after today. But as I turned around the corner I incidentally bumped into someone.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry." I responded

"No, I'm sorry, Director, Ive been rather troublesome lately." She replied, objecting my fault.

The girl was Marie, she was in her Late-20s, and is a double-duty individual working in the Department of Research & Development and The Department of Health. She was new and had a unique personality, Her behaviour is... often Dull and sometimes depressive, and whenever I see her in that state I often try to make her cheer up, while it mostly succeeds she reverts to that behaviour after a period of time. I just... Can't really accept the fact, that she is like this.

"Marie..."

"Y-Yes."

"Please, tell me... What's wrong?"

"Nothing, Director Just-" she tries to brush me off

"No. What is wrong...? Please tell me."

"..." she remained silent as our eyes were locked, and her gaze was purely dull, before she answered.

"I... I... Can't..." She replied.

"Look, Marie. I have seen this multiple times before, you are a created individual, but please... Don't let it overshadow you. In my eyes, or rather in reality. You are a real person, don't get depressed, I'am not letting anything or do anything bad to you... I would rather help."

She only stared at me as tears began to form, before she simply shrugged and slowly mumbled

"Y-You... Thank..." she mumbled, she incidentally switch the placement of the words.

"Marie, Be more positive, I'am never disposing you, No-one will be."

She nodded, before walking away.

———

(Marie POV)
'That's not what I'm sad about, I was just worried I lost my boy that I cared greatly for back then."

|||||||||||||||||||||

"You have been getting- What's that word? Lately." Nat said, and asked.

"If you mean socio-stable, then yes." I replied with a sighed laugh

"You like to use your 'science team' terms very often" Alice replied, as she sipped from her Starbucks cup.

"Well yes, I mean I guess it's starting to gradually become a trait but... of course another trait of mine would be-..."

"Try not to think about it too much." She suggested. After realizing I was starting to render my thoughts about my 'past difficulties'

"Mhm." Nat agreed.

"H-Hey... I hope it doesn't bother you but... How is your mother?"

"...She... Still hasn't recovered mentally, she is in a very depressed state." I said, After the death of my father, she has become unrecognisable in terms of personality, but through in through she was still my mother.

"I'm sorry... For your both of your losses, Matthew."

"It's fine... I'm taking care of her at-times, It's just... Painful."

I paused before I continued.

"I'am really striving to make mom, better. I just can't let her go further into her own depression."

"I know you can do it. Patch things up, after all the mistakes?"

"You phrase it like it is his fault, Nat." Alice said