Vol. 3 Chapter 4 - Modernization

It has been a few hours since I... 'Incapacitated' (to say the least) the red-haired mage, known as Akane.

I was currently by an open-area of the primary base it is still roofed, I could only describe it as a modern house balcony, The balcony railings consist of Glass, and the windows behind me were made of bulletproof glass, because... I'm more accustomed to the latest architectural designs.

Beside me was Esther, and currently she wasn't carrying her staff as per usual, this was the first time I saw her not wielding her staff, but I never got used to it as has been the basic symbol of her 'occupation'.

She was wearing a variant of her Mage attire, only designed with the colour scheme of the Directorate, Whitish-grey, two armbands on either side; left being red, while the right being blue, in homage to her Water & Fire Magic. So far, she collectively (but actually unofficially) refers to herself as my student, so there are a few times where I decided to teach her about the History of my former-world's country, Canada, and a few other principles & Technology, that originate from my old world, I would have to often Elaborate all details and contrast/compare them with things that were developed in this world.

"Hey, Director Matthew? Are you listening?" She asked me, I realized I dazed off in my own thoughts and recollection, that I wasn't perceiving her explanation.

"Oh... Uh- I'm sorry, My focus deviated there, Umm... May you please, Continue?"

"*sigh* Ironic for a teacher not to be listening at this time."

"*nervous laugh* I'm technically not your teacher, and you unofficially referred to yourself as my student, so-..."

"Please, get used to it, Director, I really wish to learn about your history, and particularly about you, Your character always intrigues me that I often forget that you are a resurrected one."

"Indeed, You should also get used to the fact that I'am not bound by the hypothetical laws of Otherworldly Resurgent-Transmigration, or in the native term of this world; Resurrection Aftereffects."

"Yes... Let me start from the beginning." She agreed, before she continued.

"Akane, is an infamous individual, but before that she was famous, for her service and protection of the Tulirian Kingdom, she earned a Title as 'The Rose Mage, But a supposed attempted assassination on the crown prince changed her image, being the only one who didn't appear before the meeting, in-fact; she was missing. Let people to become suspicious, that suspicion eventually became claims, that she attacked the prince unprovoked, she earned a new title as 'The Crimson Witch'" she told me, to be completely honest she is a living library bearing lots of information on this world despite being formerly a nomad.

I continued listening, a lot of things seem to match or coincide with what Akane herself yelled or spoke of about in her cell.

"Some sources say she reached the nomadic regions by boat, or by traversing the land of the continent in a detour. But it all lead to the same result, She placed herself in isolation inside of a forest which is practically worthless other than the admirable views it has, no ore, no valuables, no monsters, and the water is undrinkable, she only managed to do it by using her capabilities to convert them into consumables. I encountered her once, she was quite aggressive and didn't want anyone near her-".

"-Because she suffered Trust issues." I finished, which made her look at me.

"Im pretty sure heard it a bit of what you said myself, Esther, she told as she screamed due to pressure and that fact she is now aimless and surrounded by people she can't combat. Of course you might've not known this considering the Nobility, and royalty of this world's corruption." I said.