Vol. 1 Chapter 13 - The Cavern

We arrived at the presumed origin location of the magnetic Disturbances, the area was a grass-land valley, with yellowish-Grey stone essentially littering several areas, there are even a few rock formations. The valley's mountains were relatively small, in-fact I don't know whether I should refer to them as such, but their entire appearance and formation resembles that of mountains. It's as if I was enlarged to at-least 50 feet.

The valley wasn't a straight line it had several curvatures, but the single-man aperture was located at a diagonally-positioned in a rock formation. We eventually stopped at the aperture as the staff sergeant told us. exiting our vehicles we were greeted by a lukewarm Environment, and a cold breeze, there was no cloud cover for now, but I didn't mind it, as I'm more concerned with what was interfering personnel electrical equipment.

"Alright Sir, This is where the- did it just get brighter?" The staff sergeant said as he approached but he cut off the first part of his sentence with a question, and jolted his face quickly closer to the opening to get a clearer visual.

"Is something wrong?"

"Oh, Sorry for my Behaviour there, It seems that the glow from the aperture has brightened."

"Is that so?" I said before I took a peak into the aperture, it was indeed the size to which a normal human could slip into, with ease, the opening was diagonally positioned I would say at an angle of 30°
"Esther, do these Magucite Ores' luminescence increase randomly?"
"Lumin-... Essence?"
"Sorry Uhh... Do they get brighter randomly?"
"Ah, well only if there was any tampering, or more force ores are located in such close vicinity that they 'feed the light' as one scholar described."
"If they are the ones that produce that glow, I don't think they are feeding the light."
"It's just a saying." She said whilst she placed her hand on her face in a facepalming manner
"Hmm..."
"Excuse me Sir?" Kara said to me, whilst I was looking into the opening, I turned my head to see she and two other soldiers were holding onto a Metallic cables with Plastic explosives strapped to it.
"Oh My G-... S-sorry Kara, but using high-incendiary military-grade Explosives, will likely damage or collapse this mountain.l
"Well, the second option is use our mining equipment, but our location is 50 feet down, it will take a prolonged period of time."

"Actually, I believe there is a third option."

"Hmm?" Kara tilted he head, then I raised my hand toward the opening,

"If I can manipulate Matter, perhaps I'am capable of dissolving the rock faster than Acid rain."

(Erosion, The unbearably slow, well... at-least by human standards, process of the dissolving of Stone, factors of this process are; Change in temperature, Water, Acidic liquids, plants, Etcetera... But so far this is the safest way I could quickly think of to keep the stability of the roof of whatever down there is. But how to speed up this process?... Ah, I may have to combine several factors, and potentially amplify them to a high degree, let me see...)

After several seconds, the surroundings began to shift in temperature rapidly between lukewarm and cold, rocks began to dissolve away as liquid formed around them. And the opening slowly enlarged as the acidic elements drip, this process took me about a few minutes to perform, before everything stopped and the opening was capable of being walked into by multiple personnel at a time.

for clarification the opening was now roughly 9 meters in width, and 4 meters in height.

Esther gulped, before she straightened and composed herself.

"Alright, All of you stay here for awhile, I'll be observing down there."

"Wait, I'll be going first." Kara suddenly said