Don't Tell Him (Part 3)

a/n- i know i wrote the first 2 parts like a long ass time ago but I never really planned on continuing it so heres this el oh el

---

[Your POV]

I rolled over, feeling the car slow to a stop and the red glow of the stoplight illuminating my face.

I looked up, seeing him looking down at me. 
"Morning, sleepyhead." Corpse laughed.

"Mm... what time is it?" 
"Late."

I sat up, pulling the lever of the seat so the backrest wasn't so far back.

"It's only eleven?" I asked, reading the green numbers illuminated from the radio.
"Yeah. We have to stop for gas soon, though, down to a quarter tank." 
"Mkay... we're getting hungry anyways." I giggled, making Corpse smile. 
"There's a Denny's and a gas station on the next exit." 

I nodded, smiling. "I could go for some pancakes."

He sat his hand in the middle console of the car, and I slipped my fingers into his as he slowed down for the curve of the exit.

---

We soon were seated inside the Denny's after filling up the tank.

"Can I get something to drink for you guys?" the waitress asked sweetly, pulling a pen out of her apron.
"Two cinnamon coffees, please." Corpse said, a slight smirk on his lips as he glanced at me while ordering.

I giggled under my breath, watching the waitress walk away to get a pot of coffee. 

"How are you feeling, babe? Any cramps yet?" 
"A little bit... they're moving a bit." I smiled, shrugging. "But it doesn't really hurt too much. I think it's just because I'm hungry and haven't really been out the car in a few days."

"I know, baby, I'm sorry..." he said, placing a hand on top of mine as the waitress came back to top us off with some coffee.
"We're going to get a hotel tonight, I promise." 
"Do we have enough money to..."
"I checked already, baby, we're gonna be fine. At least until we get to Oregon."
I nodded with a sigh. "What state are we in?" I asked.
"Idaho."
"Only Idaho?" I groaned. "We left Colorado over 12 hours ago!"
Corpse sighed, running his free hand through his curls.
"I know, babe, but there was traffic, and we had to stop for gas and everything... and we also had to sleep. Plus I might have... taken a wrong turn."

I nodded, understanding that time and distance had to take effect somewhere in the process.

"Are you kids ready to order?"  The waitress asked.

"I'll have a grand slam and... what about you, baby?"

"I'll have the silver dollar pancakes with hashbrowns..." I said softly.

"Sure, that'll be right out." 

"You're so adorable." Corpse laughed, hearing my soft voice.
"Give me a kiss." he said, leaning over the table and kissing my lips softly.

I smiled into the kiss, sighing once he pulled away and sat back down. 
"I didn't think we'd make it this far. Hopefully that station we were watching yesterday doesn't show up on TV stations around here..." 

"Don't worry about that, babe. It's probably not. Either way, I texted my mom and told her what's going on. She understands. But I can't let you go back there... to live with him. It's already obvious you're pregnant and you can't hide in baggy clothes forever, especially in your own house. You're bound to forget. If he found out he'd probably end up killing or at least hurting the both of you."