Promises

teen couple au  
just a short soft chapter lmao. also i haven't put a song with the story in a long time so enjoy.

also f/f means favorite flavor

---

[Corpse's POV]

I tossed over, letting the blankets fall over my skin as I faced towards the door. 

Y/N walked into the room, a tight cami on her torso and her underwear hugging her hips snugly. "Oh- I thought you were asleep. Sorry." she laughed, her laugh filling the room. 

"For what? And no, I've just been dozing in and out I guess. Everything okay?"
"Yeah! Everything's fine. I just had to shower."
"Oh. What time is it?"

"Late. You should get some sleep."
"Well then you should, too."  I laughed.

She sighed, pulling on a pair of jeans and a hoodie. 
"Come on, then. Since neither of us are sleeping anytime soon."

"Where to?" I asked.

She gestured towards the window. 

I chuckled a bit. 
"I thought you said you weren't gonna get addicted?" I teased.
"Hush, I haven't smoked in a long time, and plus this is a melatonin pen. It helps me sleep."
I nodded in understanding. 

"Well, come on then." I said, heading out the window and onto the roof before helping her out as well.

"It's nice out tonight." she smiled, placing her head on my shoulder as she inhaled the smoke emitted from the small device.

"It is... probably because you're out here." I teased.
"Hush." she chuckled.

"Just saying." I shrugged.

She giggled, putting her arm around my bicep to keep us close. 

There was a comfortable silence. The wind softly ruffled her hair, causing it to tickle my neck and causing her scent to linger in the air. 

This was perfect. She was perfect. I love her.

I know we're still young... really young, at that, but I know this is the girl I want to be with forever. I know what you're thinking, 16 and 18? That isn't going to last. But she's my rock. My world, even. Everything about her is perfection. I didn't think I'd ever find someone to love me for the way I am, but then she came out of nowhere. 

That day in sophomore year where I had to help her around the school since she was new... the moment I saw her my heart dropped. She had her hair in a ponytail and glasses that were almost too big for her face, along with a v-cut shirt and a pair of jeans with her shirt tucked into it. We had the same converses on that day, too. 

She seemed like a cute little shy and nerdy girl that was most likely into anime and Dungeons and Dragons and gaming. But, she was actually pretty outgoing in reality. We liked the same video games. I'll never forget that first gaming session we had... she was cursing everybody out. It was adorable yet hilarious. This cute little ball of sweetness cursing everyone out, nothing you'd expect coming from her. 

Three months after that, I asked her to winter formal. She said yes. 

There she wore the hottest yet most beautiful dress. It was just perfect for her. A tight, mid-thigh length, red dress with sparkles. If I saw it on any other girl, it wouldn't have been as beautiful. I guess it's just her that made it that way. 

It took some courage, but I asked her on a date a week after the dance. We went to this coffee shop in town square. We still go there every Friday, just like in the beginning.

After two more dates, I asked her to be my girlfriend.

She said yes.

I'm glad she did, because now I have at least one person that can relate to my issues and at least one person I can share them with.

Things were never awkward with her, even in the beginning. 

"I love you." I spoke up.
"I know. I love you."

She placed her head on my shoulder, kissing it softly.

I'll never forget the first time I kissed her. I was walking her home from our weekly date at the coffee shop in the square, and it started raining. It was raining heavily, too. It was clear for a moment, and in an instant it began pouring. We ran across the street to one of the historical figures in the town square, finding shelter under some sort of pavilion, both of us laughing so hard our ribs hurt. 

We caught our breath, and she leaned up, put her hand on the side of my face, and pressed her lips against mine. They were so soft. They always are. Mostly because she uses that f/f chapstick about 50 times a day. Every time I taste that flavor I think of her. It tastes like her.

That was what I tasted the first time I laid her onto my bed. The first time I made love to her. Her lips were so gentle and welcoming, showing me that she trusted me enough to be so vulnerable in front of me. To let me touch her in ways she'd never been touched before by another person.

 The same lips and taste that has healed my hurt over and over again.

The same lips that have kissed my tear-stained cheeks, and the same lips that have whispered "I love you" even in the heat of the seemingly horrible moments. The same lips that let out those beautiful laughs over my stupid jokes. 

The lips that don't even open some days, but as long as she's near me, she makes it seem like I make it a little less bad. 

"Can I give you a present?" I asked.
"What kind of present?" she chuckled.
"A ring." 

"Is it expensive?"
"Oh, don't sound so materialistic, now." I teased, making her laugh.
"No, I just don't want you spending too much money on me." she shrugged.

"Don't worry about the price. Just wear it for me, okay? It has a lot of meaning."
"Hm.."
"It's a seal to a promise."
"Well what's the promise?"
"I promise to marry you some day. I promise to start a family with you, and to stay with you forever. And I promise to love you through everything. Even if we drift apart, I'm still going to love you. No matter what. I promise. We've got a long road ahead of us but I'm planning on staying awhile. Let's start with forever." 

She began tearing up as I slid the ring onto her finger. 
"It's beautiful, C. I love it."
"Well, I love you. A beautiful ring for a beautiful girl. My beautiful girl."

A tear slid down her cheek as I pressed my lips against her soft ones.

I wiped it away with my thumb, chuckling softly.
 "Don't you cry, now, come here." I said, pulling her close to my chest, her perfume filling my nose.

"Please never leave."
"I won't baby girl. Never. I promise."