Adolescent Relationships

parenting! au

---

You glanced at the clock, seeing it was almost 4 pm as you washed the dishes.
"Where is he?" you whispered to yourself. 

"Waiting on someone else?" You heard your husband joke from behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist from behind and resting his chin on your shoulder. 

You smiled softly, leaning up and kissing his cheek softly. "How was your day baby?" you ask.

"Tiring." he sighs, softly kissing your neck. "But it's fine... because now I have my favorite girl in the world right here in my arms." he giggled, kissing your forehead.

"Gross." you heard from behind you. "But hey- what about me?" You heard your daughter say, giggling as she gave Corpse a hug. 

Corpse chuckled, running his fingers through her hair. "How's my princess?" he asked.
"Dad! I told you to stop calling me that, it's weird now, I'm almost 16." she chuckled. 
"Whatever. It's a hard habit to break. You're still just my little girl in my eyes." he said. 
She giggled and rolled her eyes. "Anyways, I'm good. Me and Jake's 5 month anniversary is today!" she said happily. 

Jake was a boy she had been seeing over the summer, and a year older than her. She was a sophomore, and he was a junior. "Speaking of... I should get going..."

"Going where?"
"To see him!"
Corpse sighed. "Sweetheart... I think you need to spend at least some time with us? You're with him all the time." he said. 
"I know, dad, I know. Later though." 
"Fine. Deal?"
"Yeah, fuck it."

Corpse chuckled, but you turned around quickly.
"Watch your damn mouth! And be back in this house by 11, understand?"
"Uh huh. Love you." she called upstairs behind her, before letting the door fall shut as she skipped outside. 

---
You joined Corpse on the couch, cuddling up to him. "I still don't like that Jake kid. I've seen the way he talks to her... she deserves better."
"Just imagine how I feel." Corpse laughed. "She's just still my baby girl in my mind. She's getting so old. So... mature. I dunno." he shrugged.
"I know, baby. Seems like just a month ago we were decorating her room waiting for her to get here... and now she's out there making out with a boy and probably experimenting with weird shit." you laugh.

"Don't even put that into my brain. All I have to say is, if that boy ever breaks her heart... I may go to jail." he laughed, making you giggle as well as you put your head on his chest. 

You two continued to speak for a while, before hearing the front door fall shut, and then a soft voice behind you. 

"Daddy..." you heard your daughter say quietly. 
Corpse turned around, concern immediately falling over his face. "Baby? Oh- hey, bub, what happened?" he asked, getting up and pulling her into a hug. 

You followed quickly, adding to the circle. "Baby... what happened?"

"He broke up with me-" she sobbed into Corpse's chest. 

You and Corpse exchanged a sorrowful look. 

"Oh, bub... I'm sorry. Hey, let's go sit down." 
She nodded, sitting down with you and Corpse on the couch, not letting go of him as his strong arms stayed around her. You rubbed her back, kissing her forehead and resting your head on Corpse's shoulder. 

"Listen... he was just a stupid boy. I know how you feel. I know you liked him. Hell, loved him. But... it will get better. And you can find someone better. You will, I can promise you that. You deserved so  much better baby. So much better. Me and daddy saw the way he treated you, and we hated it. But, we knew you loved him and you were happy."  you explain.

"But I thought it was gonna last forever! You and dad lasted forever." she sobbed out.

You and Corpse exchanged another look. 

"Well... mom and I were just kids when we got together. Your age. But trust me... if we didn't love each other so much, we probably would have both moved on. Why do you think we're only in our 30's with a 15 year old daughter?" he chuckled. "Most of our friends didn't get married until their 20's. You have plenty of time, bub. Plenty." 

You smiled a bit at that. He always knew what to say to calm her down. She was such a daddy's girl... but it was adorable. 

"I just don't want to be the only girl without a boyfriend." she sighed, calming down a bit.
"You won't be, baby. I promise." you say. 

She just nodded, her breathing slowing as she slowly began dozing off on Corpse's chest.

---

About an hour later, you realized it was getting late, and she had school the next day. 

"It hurt seeing her so heartbroken. She may be big to us but in reality she's just an insecure kid..." he sighed, whispering to you. 
"I know. She'll be okay. I'll take her out this weekend and make that kid wish he didn't dump her." 

Corpse nodded, gently picking her up and lying her down in her bed. You changed her clothes into pajamas, and then pulled the blanket over her. 

"She'll be fine, baby, don't look so worried." You laugh. "It's alright." 
Corpse sighed, pulling you into him as you joined him back on the couch. "I love you." 
You smiled against his chest. "I love you too." 

"Forever right?"
"Forever. Promise."