Runaway

concept: you run away from home, and run into corpse.
angst/fluff
(A/N) This ones a little longer so sorry about that

---
You sat on the bus, glad that you were gone. Your home had never felt like a home. It didn't feel safe. You looked out the window, before hearing a shockingly deep voice start speaking to you. "Mind if I sit here?" a tall man wearing all black asked. He seemed very intimidating, so you nodded.
"Sure." you say softly, moving your bags so he could take seat.

"That's a lot of stuff for just a simple bus ride." Corpse joked.
You cracked a small smile. "That's because everything I own is in these bags." you laugh.
Corpse furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"
"I'm running away from home." you say bluntly, shrugging your shoulders.
"Oh... sorry for asking." Corpse said.
"No, no, it's alright! I actually like talking about it... it makes me feel... stronger I guess." you say, shrugging.

You and this stranger had a nice conversation, getting into some pretty deep and personal things. "I um... I don't think I ever got your name. I'm Corpse. It's weird I know... it's kinda like... an alter ego of mine." he laughed. His laugh was quite nice.
"Oh- um, Y/N." you reply with a smile.
Corpse flashed you another smile. "Well... mind if I take you out for coffee, Y/N?" he asked, seeming very nervous, which you thought was cute.

You chuckle, shaking your head a bit with a smile. "Sure. Y-yeah, that'd be nice." you say, a small blush creeping onto your cheeks.
Corpse laughed a bit. "Well, alright then."

---

You pull your suitcase behind you, your backpack full of other necessities on your back. "I had a really nice time tonight... thank you for the coffee. And the laughs." you smile, looking up at the man you met on the bus.
"Me, too! It was nice to finally talk to someone who... understands me?" Corpse said. "Maybe we could do this again tomorrow? L-like get dinner or something?" he suggested nervously, scratching the back of his neck. His nervousness was cute to you.
"Well... I don't really have a place for tonight, so if I can find a place around here, then sure!" you say, pulling three 20 dollar bills out of your wallet for a hotel.

"Well... you could stay with me? In my apartment? It's small and it's not much, but I could sleep on the couch and you could take my bed?" Corpse offered with a nervous smile.
"S-sure! Yeah... only if it's not too much trouble." you say, gladly taking the offer.
"If it was too much trouble I wouldn't have asked, would I?" Corpse laughed.
"Well, I guess that's true. Alright... alright, I can stay with you."
---

You step out of the bathroom, wearing an old t-shirt and sleep shorts. You no longer had makeup on and your hair was up in a ponytail. You usually never let guys see you like this until at least 3 months after talking to them... but Corpse was... different.
"Hey. I'm done in the bathroom if you needed to get in there." you say, putting your dirty clothes back into your suitcase.

Corpse looked up at you, watching you put your clothes away. He was looking at you almost... lustfully? "U-um... alright... sorry, uh... um, I ordered doordash. I didn't know what you wanted so I just got you basic chicken tenders and fries, sorry." he said.
"Oh, that's alright! Thanks so much." you smile, grabbing the bag from the kitchen counter.

---

You guys watched a movie, before you realized it was pretty late. "Shit... it's nearly 2:30 am." you say, before seeing Corpse laugh.
"That's early for me. I have insomnia." He explained, making you chuckle. "But you can sleep in my bed." he offered, giving a smile.
"Are you sure? I can take the couch." you say, before Corpse shushed you.
"Nah, it's alright. I'm probably not gonna sleep tonight, anyways." Corpse said.
"Well... okay..." you say, before taking your suitcases into his room. "Goodnight." you smile, before cracking the door.

---

You had tossed and turned trying to sleep, but you just... couldn't. You had started to overthink. Thinking about your life and how everything you've done had led you here. In some... strangers apartment. A handsome strangers apartment. You sighed, rolling over and grabbing your phone from the charger.

3:45 A.M.

You sighed again, putting your phone down before wiping your tears.
"Y/N?" a unmistakable deep voice called out. "Hey... you alright?" he continued.
"Yeah... I just... I dunno. It's weird to be sleeping in a practical strangers house by yourself." you laugh, pulling your blankets higher.
"Well... maybe I could lay with you? Y-you know... to make you feel less alone?" Corpse asked, seeming nervous again.
You couldn't hold back your blush. "Yeah... yeah, that'd be nice." you smiled, scooting over so he could get into the bed with you. Corpse snuggled up against you, making your blush even deeper.
"Is this okay?" he asked, sounding even more nervous... if that was even possible.
"Yeah." you smile, looking up at him.

You two started to talk. Talking about a lot of really... deep things.

"How long have you been chronically ill for?" you asked. "Or at least diagnosed."
"About two years." Corpse said, sighing a bit. "It's flaring up a little now. Mostly in my back."
You frowned, not liking that he was in pain. "I think I could help you feel better?" you say.
"Really? How's that?" Corpse laughed.
You scoot closer, hesitantly putting your head on his chest, draping your arm over his torso.
Corpse seemed tense... but he soon relaxed. You feel his arm snake around your waist.
"You know... I'm really glad I met you." Corpse laughed a bit, making you giggle.
"I'm glad I met you, too, Corpse."