Mirrors

tw: self hatred, body dysmorphia, and blood.

angst/sadness warning

---

"Babe? Does my face look weird?" Corpse asked, looking in the mirror for about the 5th time since that morning. 
You chuckled, shaking your head. "No, baby. You look perfect, like always." you say softly, kissing his neck softly. "Now stop asking! You're perfect." 

He just nods, not looking you in the eyes. You couldn't tell what was wrong. Maybe he was just having a rough day? You couldn't tell. But you wished you could help him. You also didn't want to bring it up, so you decided to ignore it. For now, at least. 

"Hey, wanna get food later?" you ask.
"Do we have to go out?" 
You furrowed your eyebrows. "I mean we don't have to, but that's what I was thinking?"
"I don't want to go out. We need to order delivery." 
You chuckled a bit, confused. "Okay?" 

"So, what do you want to eat?"
"You choose." he shrugged, closing the bathroom door behind him as he exited. 
"Alright. House of Kobe?"

Corpse looked at you with a funny look. "When have I ever said no to that-" 
You started giggling, cupping his face in your hands. "Adorable. I'll call in the order." 

---

"Aha! I win again! You owe me a snickers, dumbass." you laugh as you put down your card. 
Corpse formed his lips into a pout. "I hate playing Uno with you... you always win!" 
"And I hate playing Among Us with you, but I do anyways, no?" 
He sighed, looking down at you with squinted eyes. "Count your days." 

You just burst out laughing, ruffling his hair as you stood up. "Bruh. You're so weird. Anyways, the food is here." you say as you hear the doorbell ring. "Could you get the door, babe? I need to pee." 

"What? Wh- no! No, that's your thing- I don't... do that, I don't do that." he rushed out. 
You raise your eyebrows. "Jeez... okay, I was just wondering. I've got it babe, don't worry." You say, opening the door and tipping the man as you took the food. 

"Here baby." you say, handing him his food and grabbing some chopsticks and drinks.
"Thanks." 

You two ate and watched some TV, before you decided to go to bed. 

"Goodnight." you say softly, getting on your tippy toes and pecking Corpse's lips.

"Mm... goodnight. I love you." he replied, kissing back and wrapping his arms around you as you buried your head in his chest. 
"Heyyy, I said I love you." he pouted, shaking you gently. 

You giggle softly, looking up at him. "I love you too." 

"Goodnight, doll." he said, tucking you into bed and kissing your forehead.
"Night." you smile, flicking off the light.

---

You had been asleep for a few hours... and it was around 1 AM now. You heard a shatter, jolting you awake. The shatter wasn't what startled you... it was the scream that followed. 
"Fuck!" 

You could immediately tell it was Corpse. And you knew exactly what the problem was.

You calmly got out of bed, walking into the bathroom and softly wrapped your arms around your lover's torso. "It's okay, baby. You're okay." you say, kissing his shoulder blade. "Everything's okay. Let me see, honey." you say in a soft tone, not wanting to upset him more yet also trying to calm him down.  

You gently took his hand in yours, examining the glass shards stuck in his knuckles and the blood dripping onto the floor and counter top. "You're okay, love." you remind him, grabbing some tweezers to at least remove the glass to prevent further injury for the moment. 

"Look at me." you whisper, looking up into his dark brown eyes as you gently touched his cheek with your free hand. "I know how you feel about yourself. But listen... I love you for how you are. You're the most beautiful boy in the world in my eyes, and nothing will change that. Ever. I promise you that." you say in the same soft tone, before cleaning his wounds and putting band-aids on them followed by wrapping them in gauze. 

You sigh as you look at the mirror. That was the third one since January. "Hey. Look at me?" you say, gently touching his cheek again. "You're beautiful. Okay? I'm sorry that you don't see that. How about we both get some sleep and we can start looking for a therapist tomorrow? You need help baby. And I'm sorry that I can't do much besides provide you the materials but if that's what I need to do to help you feel better, I will."

He sighed, looking down into your eyes with a gentle look. "Okay." 

"Okay? Now, let's get to bed." you say, taking his unwounded hand and going to your bedroom with him. 

"There you go. Lay down baby. Do you need anything? Water? Food? Anything?"

"You." was all he replied with. 

You chuckled a bit, opening the window to let some fresh air in before taking the spot next to him. 

"I can do that."