A Forever Kind of Thing (Part two)

---

"Gorgeous, stop right there." Corpse said as he I stepped out of the car, my crutches under both arms.
"Stop right there, not one more step."
"Why?" I whined jokingly.
"Because! Because you're hurt and you're not allowed to get that door by yourself." he said, walking around the car to the passenger side.

I jokingly rolled my eyes, beginning to inch towards the front door.
"Hey, stop! Stop-" Corpse laughed, grabbing my waist gently and pressing a kiss to my lips.
"You haven't changed at all, that's good." He teased, chuckling as he kissed my nose.

"What do you think you're doing, huh?" he asked, kissing me again. "If you overdo it, I'm gonna take you right back to the hospital, and I'm gonna tie you down, and I'm gonna tell the doctor that my girl is being a complete stupid head." 

I giggled at that. 
"Yeah right."
"Yeah well... and that she's listening to me at all." he laughed.
"Do it then." 
"I will!"

I started poking him in the face, just trying to annoy him. He was annoying me, so I guess it was only fair.

"Stop- no- no! Baby, I'm not playing right now."
"Tickle me." I demanded, trying to make him less serious and show him that I was okay.
"I'm not tickling you."
"Why?" I whined.
"Because."
"... because why?"

He sighed, shaking his head. 
"Because you are way too fragile right now."
"No I'm not!"
"Deal with it." he shrugged.

I huffed, looking down at my feet. 
"I'm not."
"Oh really? I bet I could push you over with one finger right now." he teased.
"Nah."
"I could! If I wanted to."
"Try it."
"No, I'm not gonna try it. We're not playing this game, and you need to stop messing around, and you need to get inside, alright?"
I sighed. "Fine."
"Come on, get inside beautiful." 

We headed inside, and everything was perfect. The dishes were done, the carpet was vacuumed, the hardwood was basically sparkling, and the couch was fixed up with pillows. He was really anticipating me coming home.

"Home sweet home. Are you... are you happy to be back?"
"Of course! Anything beats that freezing cold hospital room and crappy food." I laughed.
"Are you happy I'm back?"

He raised an eyebrow. 
"Am I happy you're back? Baby, I'm so happy you're back." Corpse said, kissing me softly. "I'm so happy you're back. I'm so happy in fact, that I'm gonna make you rest and relax, and I'm never gonna make you ever leave the house again."

I giggled at that, shaking my head. "So a beauty and the beast type thing? Stockholm Syndrome?" I asked jokingly.
He laughed, shaking his head as well. "No, not like that. No, that's weird. You know what I mean."

"But why?" I asked with a giggle.
"Because, you see what happens when you leave! You get in accidents, and I need to go to the hospital, and I think that..." he cut himself off, pursing his lips.
"I'm not even gonna talk about that, what I thought." 
"Please don't." 
"Okay, alright, sorry, we won't... talk about that. We won't talk about the accident. But we are gonna set you down on the bed." 

I groaned. I'd been laying in bed for almost two weeks. 
"Come with me."
"I wanna sit in the living room."
"That's fine, give me your arm, come on."
I gave him my arm, Corpse holding onto me firmly as I tried to make it to the couch with only one working leg.

"Hop- and hop, anddd, hop- and down you go." He said, gently easing me down onto the couch, my arms around his neck.
"There we go. Houston, girlfriend has landed on the sofa." he laughed, making me giggle as he took the spot next to me.  "Package is home."
"Babe-" I chuckled.