taking care of your cuts.

Trigger Warning: heavy talk of self harm. Please do not read if these things trigger you :)
---

I sit in my room, not even knowing how many cuts were on me anymore. There were over at least a dozen. 

Today sucked. It sucked so fucking bad, but so did almost every other day. You sighed. 
fuck it.
You grabbed a blade from your tissue box, which was where you'd been hiding them. You start to cut, the warm crimson starting to trickle down your wrists. Your wrists, and then your thighs. You sigh in relief. It was like... for just a moment everything felt better. For a moment. 

You heard a light slam outside your bedroom, but you shrugged it off as the dog. She always knocked small things over sometimes. 
You added another cut, not really caring how lightheaded you were getting from losing so much blood. 

As soon as you pressed the razor to your skin yet again, you heard a door open. Your bedroom door. There was silence for what felt like an eternity, but in reality was probably about 10 seconds.

"Baby... oh my God, baby, what are you doing to yourself?" you heard someone say. It wasn't just anyone. It was Corpse, your boyfriend. 

You immediately broke down into tears at those words. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you mad-" you began, before getting cut off by a warm hug. 
"No. No, no, no, beautiful, you didn't make me mad. Just concerned is all." Corpse said softly. "Why are you doing this to yourself, baby?" he asked, before looking down at your wrists and thighs.

 Suddenly everything made sense now. Why you only wore jeans and hoodies... why you never went swimming anymore. Why you got nervous around sharp things. It all added up in his head. 

You took a second to think, before finally replying. 
"It takes the mental pain and frustration away. If I'm focused on physical pain, I can't focus on my mentality at that moment. It's also like I'm balancing emotional pain with the physical pain. And on top of all of that, I just simply feel like I deserve it." you explain through tears. 

Corpse's face dropped. "Baby... oh my God, baby, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry I didn't realize sooner. I can't forgive myself for letting you go through this for so long." he said, his eyes watery. 

"No, bub... no, this isn't your fault." you sigh, running your hands through his hair. 
"It's not your fault." you whisper, kissing the top of his head. 

"Come here." he said softly, pulling you into a tight hug. 
"I love you." he said, stroking your hair and kissing the top of your head. "and I'm so sorry that you've been going through this."

"I love you, too." you whisper, clutching onto him like your life depended on it. 

You couldn't hold it back anymore. You started sobbing. 
"It's okay, honey. Let it all out." Corpse reassured, kissing your cheek. "I know it hurts now... but... time heals." he said, his deep voice now soft and reassuring. 

"Promise?" you ask, not really believing what he said. I mean, you'd already been waiting for it to get better for so long. 
"I promise you, beautiful." Corpse said, rubbing your back and placing soft kisses on your face. "I promise. Now... let's get these cleaned up." he said. 
"Could we wait?" you ask, not really wanting to clean them yet.

Corpse gave you a pleading look, pursing his lips. 
"please, baby..."

You sigh. He knew you couldn't resist the puppy dog eyes he gave. "Okay."

---

You walk into the bathroom, sighing as you're lifted up onto the counter by two familiar strong hands. "Up you go-" Corpse said, setting you onto the marble countertop. 

He opened the medicine cabinet, grabbing a clear bottle of rubbing alcohol, along with some bandaids, gauze, and cotton pads. Fuck, this was gonna hurt more than the actual cuts. 

"This is gonna burn a little, babe. Just hold onto me and squeeze me if you need to." Corpse said.
You rested one hand on his waist, another on his forearm. 

"One, two, three-" Corpse said, before you felt a deep burning in your thigh.
"Fuck-" you whisper.
"Does it hurt?" Corpse asked. You chuckle a little, looking up at him with an "are you serious?" look.
"Right- I'm sure you don't mind it hurting." he chuckled. "too soon?"
"Nah, you're not wrong." you laugh, making him laugh as well. His laugh always made you so happy. It always seemed to calm you down. 

"Thank you for being here." you whisper.
He looked down at you, his light brown eyes full of love and care... but also concern at the same time. "Of course, princess. If you ever need me, I'm here. No matter what it is. Even if you think I'll be upset, I'll be here." he reassured. "I love you, baby. I love you more than anything, so if there's anything I can do, just let me know, and I'll be right here." 

You teared up at those words. You still weren't quite used to having someone care for you so much. "I love you too, bub. Thank you." you whisper, reaching up and wrapping your arms around his neck. "Please never leave."

"I won't leave baby." he said.
"Promise?"
"Promise."