Pretend

concept: corpse pretends to be your boyfriend.

angst?

 ---

You check out your clothes from Hot Topic, before giving a casual goodbye to the cashier and then leaving out into the rest of the mall. You head towards the next store, but you had a bad feeling. You could just... feel the eyes burning into the back of your head. 

You shook it off, deciding to ignore it as you walked into Spencer's. You looked at the jewelry, before turning around. There was someone watching you. A tall man wearing all black. It was hard to see his face because the store was naturally dark, and his hood was up. Plus, of course he was wearing a mask because of the pandemic. He wasn't doing anything... he was just... staring. Standing and staring at you. 

You pretend you didn't notice, looking at the earrings as if you weren't bothered. 
Out of the corner of your eye, you noticed the man standing closer. He was slowly getting closer and it was making you nervous. 

"E-excuse me?" you say to the man next to you. He was a bit intimidating, but he wasn't being as fucking creepy as the guy watching you. 
"Oh- yes?" he replied, his voice shocking you. It was really deep and almost scary. He seemed nervous... maybe he was socially anxious or something? Or... maybe he was with the guy who was watching you. Fuck, you kinda regretted this now.

"U-um... that guy over there has been watching me for a while now and it's kind of freaking me out. Could you pretend to be my boyfriend so he leaves me alone?" you ask quietly. 
"Oh- yeah, of course." The man said, his voice still leaving you shocked. 
"Thank you so much." you sigh in relief. 
"I go by Corpse by the way." Corpse said. 
You thought that was a strange name, but it was alluring in a way. It was mysterious. You nodded. "Y/N."

"What do you think about these baby? I think you'd look gorgeous wearing these." Corpse said in a louder tone, holding up some earrings to the side of your face. He was trying to make sure the strange man could hear your conversation. 
What he said made you blush. His deep voice plus how passionate he made it sound made your cheeks brighten. 
"Y-you think so?" you chuckle, looking up at him. He had a mask on but, fuck... you could tell that he was handsome. 
"Of course, beautiful. I mean... you look good in anything, but these would look even more amazing than usual." Corpse laughed. You blush more, also letting out a chuckle. He was very charismatic, even though he wasn't even trying. 
"Well... I guess I'll get them." you laugh. 

Your conversation was interrupted by another male voice. "I agree, those do look very nice on you." he said. It was the guy who'd been watching you. 
"Oh... um, thank you?" you say softly, a lot more nervous now. 
"This your boyfriend?" the stranger asked. 
"Yeah, I am. Now, I recommend backing up before I have to do it for you." Corpse said.

Okay, that was a bit intimidating. 

"Or what?" The other guy said. You were getting anxious. You didn't wanna cause a scene. 
"Or else I'll stomp your fucking face in." Corpse said, poking a finger into the guy's chest. 
The other man's eyes went wide. "A-Alright man, I'm backing up." he said, putting his hands up. Corpse's voice must've been shocking to him too. 
"Good. And if I ever see you talking to her again, I will fucking kill you. Understand?" Corpse said. 
"Y-yeah, man. Right." the stranger said, before quickly leaving the store.

"Thank you so much." you sigh out.  
"Of course, don't mention it." Corpse smiled. 
"Is there any way I can repay you? What's your Cashapp?" you ask, pulling out your phone. 
"No, no, please, don't worry about it." Corpse said, shaking his head. "But... if you really want to repay me... there is one thing I can think of." he added.

"Yeah, of course, anything!" you smile.
"Maybe we could get dinner sometime?" he suggested, sounding a bit nervous.
You blush a bit, before smiling. "Yeah... yeah, i'd like that." you say, looking up at the much taller man. 
"Okay... well, then it's a date. Could I see your phone?" Corpse asked. You nod, handing him your phone. 

A moment later he handed it back, a new contact being made under the name "corpse <3". 
You smile. "Text me whenever you wanna make those plans." you chuckle. 
"You got it." Corpse said, flashing a smile. You couldn't see it under his mask, but you knew it was gorgeous. "See you then." he added, before heading towards the cash register. 

You could definitely see yourself falling for this man.