I've Got You

TW: mentions of abuse in past relationships, and arguments

angst?/fluff

---

Corpse let out a deep breath, running a hand through his hair, the other one rubbing the nape of his neck. "Baby, can you just listen to what I'm trying to say!" he said loudly. It wasn't quite a yell, just loud.

You toss your phone onto the bed and sighed. "I am, Corpse, but you aren't doing the same! This could be fixed if you just listen!" you sigh loudly, putting both of your hands on top of your head.
You were starting to become agitated, and a bit triggered because of the arguing.

"Alright, what I'm saying is, I just don't want you wearing things like that to parties. It's not that I don't trust you, it's that I don't trust other people. I'm a guy, alright? I know what every other guy there is looking at and it makes me want to punch them right in the fucking face." Corpse sighed.

"Okay, but I bought the outfit with my own money. I should have the right to wear it wherever I want to!" you argue back. 
Corpse took a deep breath, closing his eyes tightly, before just blowing up. 
"God damn it, Y/N, would you just fucking listen to me?!" Corpse yelled, raising an arm, making you jump back in shock while flinching

Your eyes began to fill with tears, widening as you looked up at him in shock.
Corpse's face softened. "Oh- b-baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell, I'm sorry."
"P-please don't hurt me-" you whisper.
"What? No, no, honey, I'm not gonna hurt you. I promise, I won't even touch you." he said quietly. 
"A-are you angry with me?"
"No, baby, no, I'm not angry. It's all alright, princess. I'm not upset."

You broke down into tears, before sitting down onto the bed. You just kind of cried it out, still not feeling Corpse touch you or anything.
"C-can I hold you?" he asked softly. 
"Please..." you whisper.
"Alright... I'm sorry, baby, c'mere." he said, his deep voice now soft and soothing. "I'm sorry babygirl, I didn't mean to make you upset. I didn't mean to trigger you... and I definitely would never put my hands on you. I love you more than anything, okay?" he continued.

You nod against his chest, wrapping your arms around his strong torso. "I'm sorry for getting upset. I just... it reminded me of something." 
Corpse nodded in understanding. "It's alright, beautiful. Do you wanna talk about it? You don't have to... but I'm here to listen." he reassured. 

You sigh, clutching onto him. "It's just... my ex would always hit me whenever we argued, so it was kind of a defensive thing." you explain. 
"I trust you... I know you wouldn't hurt me. It had nothing to do with you, it was just a trauma defense I guess." 
"Oh... baby... I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve to go through that. And trust me, if I ever see that bastard, he better pray." Corpse mumbled the last part, getting angry at the thought. 
"But I would never hurt you. Ever. You're too precious." 

"I-I won't wear anything like that out again." you say softly.
"No, baby, that wasn't what I was trying to say... I just worded it badly. I just meant I want you to at least go with me or a male friend, pepper spray, something when you're wearing things like that. Or even when you aren't. There's disgusting people out there, and I won't be able to live with myself if you ever got hurt or assaulted." he said, far more calmly this time.
"We can talk about it futher at a later time, honey. Don't stress about it anymore." he reassured. 

You sigh, wrapping your arms around his neck and pulling him down, onto the mattress with you. You rested your head on his chest, taking in the scent of his cologne and enjoying his warmth. "Thank you." you whisper.
"For what, babygirl?"
"For understanding. For being here."
"Don't thank me baby. I love you, okay?"
"I love you more."
"Now, that simply isn't possible." he giggled.
"Mm.. it is." you giggle in return, tracing small invisible shapes with your fingers on his chest. 
"Want me to prove it?" Corpse chuckled.
"How so?"

Corpse rolled over on top of you, straddling your waist. "Well, let's start with this beautiful face of yours. Your beauty marks are amazing, your eyes and your nose just fit your face so nicely... and God, don't even get me started on those lips..." he smiled, pursing his lips as he looked at yours. "And this body of yours... don't even get me started on that either." he chuckled, running his hands down your waist and hips. 

You blushed deeply, hiding your face in his chest. "Mkay, you win..." you mumbled, making him laugh. 
"I always do, honey."