Partners in Crime

concept: 
You and Corpse are both hired on the same team as hitman.

---

A folder of papers greeted you as you stepped onto your porch. You open it up, knowing it was your next assignment. 

Three months, one partner, get it done.

Your read at the bottom of one of the papers, scribbled with a pen by your employer. You read the rest of the papers, seeing the info of your next victim. 

"Your partner is code-named Corpse. Meet him at the back alley of the courthouse, 7 pm Friday." 

You sighed. The last assignment was so physically exhausting and demanding... sometimes you wish you could just quit. Get a normal life. Meet a good person and get married, buy a house, have children. But you never could with a job like this. 

--

The next night you met your partner in the designated location. 

You saw him from a distance, walking up to him. But instead of speaking... he grabbed you. Wrapped his arms around you and put a hand over your mouth. It immediately hit you. This wasn't him... you were being mugged. Or even murdered. Your combat knowledge all hit you at one time. 

You flipped him over you from behind, kicking his nose once he was on the ground, before ultimately knocking him out. 

You caught your breath for a moment, before pushing your hair out of your face. 

"Men." you muttered to yourself, shaking your head.

Breaking your thoughts, you were greeted with another man. A man standing tall above you as you looked up at him, his dark curls falling in front of his eyes. 
"Well... I guess the decoy worked. You actually know how to put up a fight. Very well." he said, his deep voice shocking you. 

"Well, glad to see you know what you're doing." you chuckle. "So, shall we get going?"

---

You two had been on the road for almost two hours, neither of you uttering a word. 
"I'm Y/N, by the way." you muttered.
"I know. Call me Corpse." he said. 
"Yeah."

It was awkward now. 

"You know... you really can fight well. Better than I've seen any other... woman... fight. Not that.. it's a bad thing to be a woman but I mean-"

"I understand. Thank you." you cut him off. "I would return the compliment but I wouldn't know."

He finally cracked a bit of a smile. "We'll cross that line soon enough." 

---

After a while, you got somewhat comfortable with each other and got a motel for the night. "Let's go to sleep. Long day tomorrow." you say softly. 

You look up to him, seeking an agreement... but only seeing a blush. "Um- yeah. Yeah." he stuttered. 

"Alright. Maybe I should drive? You've been driving all night." 
"It's alright, I've got it." 
"No... seriously. I insist. Please?" you pleaded, giving puppy dog eyes as you rested your hand on top of his on the steering wheel. 

He let out a jagged breath. "Alright." 

After a while, you ended up in a hotel. "Glad I got the partner who listens." you joke, referring to him letting you drive. He chuckled a bit. "Glad I got the partner that can actually fight. I only work with the best." 

Your face seemed to get a shade deeper as you listened to that. "Well... should we get to sleep?"

"Yeah. See you tomorrow." 

You could get used to this.