Summer Love

(High School! AU)
Concept: Corpse is your summer love, but he has to move the summer before senior year. 
(sadness warning/ angst)
---

The night was so comfortable. The stars were so bright and the moon helped the streetlights illuminate the quiet streets. There was a slight breeze, but it was warm. Warm and comfortable. You look up at the tree branches that were bouncing from the wind, your knees against your chest as your feet were placed carefully on the shingles of your roof. 

"I'm gonna miss nights like these." you say softly, tugging on the sleeves of your boyfriends hoodie, which was oversized on you. "I thought I would be able to graduate with you. I thought we would go to college together and move in together. We'd live so comfortably. I'd wake up next to you every day. But now that's all gone." you rant, feeling tears start to stain your cheeks. 
"I know, baby. I'm gonna miss you, too. More than you'll ever know." Corpse said, taking your hand and leaning his head on your shoulder. 

You take a deep breath, taking in his scent. That comforting scent of his cologne. "I mean... we'll see each other for Christmas." you say, trying to bring the mood up a little. But you knew that was a lie. Once he walked down that sidewalk, he was going to be gone forever. 
"Right." he simply replied, rubbing his thumb over the back of your hand as you took a deep breath. 

"I love you." you say softly, turning your head and placing a soft kiss to his forehead. 
"I love you." Corpse repeated, kissing you softly, his strong hands gently cupping your face. "I didn't think it was possible to love someone as much as I love you." he added, placing another soft kiss on your nose. 

You two sat there for a while in silence, the dusk finally breaking into night as your world was now almost completely dark and silent with the exception of owls and crickets and the moonlight. 

"What time is it?" Corpse said gingerly. 
"9:30." You say softly, one of your arms being wrapped around his bicep, the other one holding his hand. 
Corpse let out a deep breath. "I gotta go, baby." he said softly, biting his lip to hold back tears. 
You sigh, blinking back your tears, trying to stay strong for him. "Okay..." you say, heading back into your window. 

You two head downstairs and out the front door. You start to pull his hoodie off of you, sighing. "I guess this is goodbye." you say, not able to stop the tears this time. 
"No. No, you can keep it." Corpse said, referring to the hoodie. "I'll see ya around." he sniffled, hugging you before he starting to walk down the sidewalk. 

At this point, you're sobbing. "Wait! Corpse, wait!" you yell, starting to run after him down the pavement. 
"W- what? What is it?" 
"Kiss me."
Corpse looked down at you, a confused look on his face. 
"I want you to kiss me."
He continued giving you that look, furrowing his eyebrows, before pulling you into a deep kiss, lifting you up and making you instinctively wrap your legs around him. 

You two stayed like that for what felt like only seconds, but was probably about 2 minutes. 
"I've gotta go, beautiful." He said, setting you down. 
"Alright... be safe." you sigh.
"Yeah. See you." 

And just like that, he was gone. Your first love... your first time... your first kiss. Just as quickly as he had came into your life, he was gone. 

--

(A/N) Hi! Sorry this one was really sad, I might do a part two that's happier! Let me know if ya'll would want that.