Insomnia

short a/n- so not even two weeks after I wrote the a/n on my last chapter, my other grandfather passed away last night. just a lot of loss in such little time. i've been busy hanging out with my boyfriend and friends trying to distract myself from all of the hard things going on recently so that's why i haven't been posting much, sorry guys. don't worry, i'm still continuing this story and will keep adding to it as long as people still enjoy it. sorry for the hiatus.

---

[Corpse's POV]

I noticed a leak of light flowing into the hallway as I headed towards the bedroom. Y/N must've still been awake, even though it was far too late for them to still be up, especially on a work night.

"Honey... it's late, what are you doing up? I thought you had to be up early tomorrow?" I asked, seeing them still awake as I walked into the bedroom. 

"Nothing, just watching TV." they shrugged.
"Well, don't you have work tomorrow? It's Tuesday, you know." 

"Yeah, I know." they said softly.
"What are you doing?"

"Nothing, I'm just reading. I'm so far behind I figured I'd get some done before I came and joined you." I shrugged.
"Oh."
"Yeah. Come here, give me a kiss." I smiled, taking the spot next to them in the bed and kissing their lips softly. 
"Mm... so.. what's up? Why aren't you getting some shut-eye, hm? You're gonna be a sleepy head tomorrow. Is everything okay?"
"Everything's fine."
"Why does that not sound convincing at all to me?" I laughed, making them chuckle and shake their head. 

"Is something on your mind?"
"Just some insomnia." they shrugged.
"I know what that feels like. Did you get any sleep at all?" I asked.
"Nope."
"Oh sweetie... you should've come told me sooner! Alright, well, let's lie down."
"But- your book-"
"No, I'm good, I'm done here. Come on, let's go, we're going to bed." 

They jokingly whined as I pulled them into me for a warm cuddle, making me laugh. 

I took in their scent as they laid on my chest. 
"Did you just smell me?" they laughed.
"Uh no."
"You did too!"
"Shut up." I joked, kissing them softly.

"Need some blankies?" they asked, offering me some of the comforter.
"No, I'm good, I don't need blankets. Too warm." I laughed.
"Really? I'm freezing." they chuckled, rubbing their feet together.
"Come here happy feet." I smiled. "Lemme give you some cuddles and some warmth." I pulled them closer.

They let out a comforted moan, their head on my chest.

"I wanna make sure you're not feeling stressed or anything. Sometimes that can stop you from sleeping, and I know you've been through some things lately and in the past that have kept you from sleeping before and... I wanna make sure everything's alright, you know?"
They nodded, kissing my bicep softly. 
"I know, baby. Thank you."
"You know you can tell me whatever it is, and whatever you need, let me know. I'll do what I can, alright princess?"
"Mkay.."
"Good. I just wanna make sure that you know that. I'm here for you."
"I know. I'm here for you too." they smiled.
"Mkay. Good." I said, kissing the top of their head.

"Sometimes it's just hard to sleep, too. You know what it is? It's probably because I wasn't here. You can't sleep without me, that's it." I teased, making them raise an eyebrow with a chuckle.
"I doubt that."
"No, no! That's what it is!"

"I think it's just a lack of melatonin, babe." they laughed.
"Nope. It's not melatonin. Melatonin what's that?" I joked, making them giggle and put their face in my neck. 
"Well, my new name is melatonin then. There, now you need me to sleep."
"Doesn't work like that."
"Oh? Stop being a smartass." I chuckled, shaking my head.