A Place to Crash (part 2)

A/N: someone requested a part 2, so here you guys go! I'm so excited lmao I've never had someone ask for a part 2

---

[Your POV]

"This is a really nice place, Corpse, you didn't need to do all this for me..."  you say, looking around the large restaurant. 

"Well, you deserve it after sheltering me." Corpse laughed.
You giggled at that. 
"Sheltering you? What, are you a dog now?" You chuckle, heading towards a table. 

"Practically." Corpse chuckled. "Feels like it..."
You sigh, looking up at him. "Don't think about her. It wasn't your fault, okay?" You say softly, looking into his eyes.
"Thank you, baby." he whispered into your ear, making the hair on your arms raise a bit. He knew what he was doing...

The two of you ordered drinks, and got to talking.

"Do you remember... um... what I said last night?" you asked.
Corpse pursed his lips, slightly nodding, before darting his eyes back down to his menu.

"W-well, can we talk about it?" you ask, looking up at him with puppy dog eyes. You knew he probably wouldn't have been able to resist if you did that.
He looked up from his menu, looking into your eyes before sighing. "Yeah. Yeah, we can."

You giggle, taking a sip of the drink before beginning to speak. "So... did you mean it when you... you know..." 

Corpse took a breath. "Yeah. I did." 
"For how long? How long since you've known... that you- yeah..." 
"The first time I realized was... a few years ago. At that party we went to for Rae's graduation. That guy kept putting his hands on you and I had to break it up. Ever since that day I realized that all I ever want to do is protect you. I've always seen how beautiful you are... and how much you care about me. Ever since then I've wanted you to be mine; but I knew I couldn't have you. At least I didn't think so."

You crack a small smile. "Really? I wouldn't say I'm beautiful, but that was very sweet, and flattering." 
"Well, if that's what you're asking me, why won't you answer me the same question? What made you realize that you loved me?"

You thought about it for a moment, before giggling. "Umm... probably the time we were at prom and neither of us had a date, so we decided to dance together but the person next to us knocked over the snack table. God, my dress was soaked in blood-colored punch." you giggled at the memory, Corpse also laughing.

"But I remember the way we looked at each other and laughed. It was awkward, but we were both laughing so hard that it didn't really matter. It was kind of... intimate? Just both of us being our true, genuine selves around each other." you explained.

Corpse smiled down at you, looking into your eyes. 

"I've never really had an experience with someone like that since then... but I've always remembered how amazing that night was. The way you cared for me... was like nothing I had ever experienced before. And I liked it. A lot." you chuckled. 

"Um... can I take your orders?" the waitress asked, feeling as if she was interrupting your reminiscing. 

"Uh, yeah... yeah, we're ready." 

---

"Tonight was really fun. We should do it again soon." Corpse said, tossing his jacket onto the couch. 

"Yeah, it was! I had a lot of fun. Thanks for taking me..." you smiled, ruffling his hair. "Wanna watch a movie? I'll make popcorn!"

[Corpse's POV]

God... she was so adorable. Even though she was just getting excited over popcorn-

"Yeah! Yeah that sounds like a good idea."  I say, kicking off my shoes as I got comfy on the couch, watching her happily skip towards the kitchen. She was just so cute, I couldn't help but fall for every part of her. Even her ridiculously adorable love for popcorn. 

I started to daydream, before I felt the weight of my new roommate appear next to me. "Popcorn!" she giggled, pushing a piece of it into my mouth.

"I- Jesus, you almost killed me!" I laugh, chewing the popcorn that had just been shoved into my mouth. 
"More!" she giggled, pushing more into my cheeks.
"No more popcorn!" I laugh, setting the bucket onto the ground before beginning to tickle her. "You're gonna learn a lesson today, missy!" I continue, her wriggling and squirming and giggling under my touch. 

I slowed down, almost out of breath as we both laughed our asses off, finally calming down somewhat. 
I looked down at her... into her eyes. She was so beautiful. I wish I could've realized it sooner. 

"God, I love you." I muttered out on accident. 
"I love you, too, C." she replied quietly.
"C-could I kiss you?" 
"I think I'd like that." 

I chuckled at that, bending down slowly, hesitantly closing my eyes as our lips connected.

It was a soft kiss. A real kiss, not a sloppy makeout session, or a childish peck on the lips. Just a real kiss. Her lips against mine, our bodies close, and... her hand on the back of my neck? I gently rested my hand on her waist, starting to slide it down but waiting for consent. She gave into my touch, and I slid my hand down to her thigh. 

We finally pulled apart, our breathing slightly faster. 

"You're beautiful." she said quietly.
"Not as much as you." 
"You don't know when to shut up do you."
"No, clearly not." smartass.
"Guess I need to make you." 

I felt her climb on top of me, my strong frame now being the one underneath her. 
Now this was going to be interesting.