Family Matters

family au :)

concept: you and corpse take care of your child :P

---

You roll over, taking in the scent of your husband's cologne on his bare skin. 

"Look whose finally awake." Corpse teased, pulling you close as he kissed your forehead. 
You giggle softly, pecking his lips softly. "Mm. How'd you sleep?" 
"I slept fine, you?"
"Could've been better." you shrugged.
He frowned, pulling you even closer. "I'm sorry, baby. We'll take a nap later." he chuckled.

You nodded, sitting up as the fan hit your warm skin. "Is she still asleep?" 
"Yeah, surprisingly." he says, running a hand through his curls.

"Hm. What time is it?"
"9:30 ish." 
"Yeah, she should be up by now." you reply, heading into the hallway and then into your daughters room. 

She was wide awake, just watching TV in her bed. 

"Hi pumpkin. How'd you sleep?" you say, ruffling her hair. She had the same hair as Corpse, but more of your color. 
"Bad." she said, her voice stuffy and soft. 
"Bad? Why bad?"

"I feel yucky." she sniffled.
You place your hand against her forehead.

 "Oh, baby, you're burning up." you frowned. "Does it hurt anywhere? Remember the time we went to grandmas and your whole body hurt the next day because you played too much? Does it feel like that?"
She looked up at you, her eyes red and tired. "Mhm. But like worser." 
"Worser? Hm... alright. Just lay down baby, call me or daddy if you need anything, I'm gonna take your temperature." you say, heading towards the medicine cabinet in the hallway.

"Open- and put it under your tongue." 

103.2

You sigh. "Oh, pumpkin... you must really not feel good. Just lay down." you say before heading back towards your room.

"Is she awake?"
"Yeah... she's sick." You frown.
"Does she have a fever?" 
"103.2."
"Poor thing... is she hungry? I can make her some soup?" 
"I didn't ask... maybe you should ask her." 

Corpse got up and headed out of the room, taking a seat on the bed next to her. 
"Hey baby bear." he chuckled, ruffling her hair.
"Hi daddy." she said softly. "I don't feel good." 
"I know, I heard!" he frowned. "You want something to eat babygirl?" he asked.
"Nuh uh." 
"Not even princess soup?" 
She looked up at him. "Never say no to princess soup." she giggled

Corpse chuckled. "I'll be right back." 

"Princess soup" was the chicken noodle soup that came from a can but in the shape of Disney princesses. She insisted that it tasted better than regular chicken noodle soup, which you and Corpse always found adorable.

--

You met Corpse in the kitchen, putting some apple juice and saltine crackers on a small saucer along with the bowl of soup Corpse had put in the microwave.

You looked into the bowl, noticing the soup. 
You giggled for a moment. "Princess soup? Again? Babe, I thought I told you to stop buying that! She needs to outgrow it." you chuckle.
"I'm sorry! I just saw it at the store and knew it was her favorite, I couldn't help myself." 
"God, she's such a daddy's girl." you giggle.
"Listen, I'd walk to the ends of the earth for her. A can of soup is the least of my worries." 
You roll your eyes jokingly. "Whatever you say, bigshot." you giggle, taking the tray of food to her room.

"Where's daddy?" she asked. 
"In the kitchen. Why? Did you need him?" 
"No. I just wanted to see him." she admitted.
You chuckle at that. "You two are so cute. Hold on." 

"Baby?" 
"Hm?"
"I have a sick princess in here wanting you." 
"Well, tell her that her knight in shining armor is on his way." he joked, making you giggle and kiss his cheek. "You're so cute." 

---

"She's asleep again." you say, walking back into the bedroom. 
"Good. Has she taken anything?" 
"Yeah, I gave her some stuff for the cough and put some Vapo Rub on her. Hopefully that works." you sigh, hugging Corpse tightly and putting your head on his chest.

"You okay, doll?" He asks softly. 
"Yeah, just sleepy."
"Wanna take a nap?" 
"In a bit. Just hold me for a while." you say, kissing his jawline.

"Keep kissing me like that and I'm gonna be doing a lot more than just holding you." he chuckled, rubbing your back.

You blushed at that. "You're an asshole." you giggle, pecking his lips.

"Eh. You love me though." he shrugged.
"I do." 
"Well, I love you too. Asshole."