Confused

Today's maya's birthday party.I'm sitting in the room and sulking. I don't feel like attending the party. I just wanna go back home. But then I don't want to be a spoilt brat. And ruin her day. Someone's knocking on the door I open it to see it's Maya and Hailey.

Bella is everything okay? No Hailey nothing is okay!
What do you mean Bella?.
Did Greyson do something to you cause if he did I'll knock of his teeth.
I giggle at what Maya says.
No it's not about Greyson.
Then what is it about? Hailey ask.
I've met my second chance mate!

What they both gasp. That's very unheard of having a second mate.
Yes Maya, i couldn't believe it myself.
So who is your mate Bella?. They both ask in unison.
Please don't tell anybody, you both have to keep this to yourselfs. My second chance mate is a vampire!

What? Hailey screams. But it doesn't matter she says. As long has you are happy. I'm so happy for you she hugs
Me. If only she knew he doesn't want anything to do with me.

Vampire and werewolfs being mates, nobody's heard of that. It's the first time in history that this is happening. Maya explains. Where exactly did you meet him?

In the forest. while I was in the club I was getting this amazing scent. So I started to follow it towards the forest.
I almost got killed!
Luckily he killed them by himself.

You don't make any sense. What do you mean you were almost killed Maya ask.
While the both of us were talking. A few vampire's came from nowhere, they wanted to feed on me. Before they could even lay a finger on me their heads were ripped of from their  bodies .

Did he reject you? Hailey ask.
No he hasn't. But he did say that he never wants to see me again. That we can never be together cause our species are enemies.

So what are you going to do about this whole situation?, Maya ask.
I don't really know what to do. I guess I'll just have forget I even had a second chance mate.

Why don't you find him. Maya says
He made it clear he doesn't want to see me again.
If he didn't want you then why did he save you from the other vampire's? He could have easily killed you himself.
I don't know I'm confused.