Turmoil

ANDRE'S POV

I grab the young vampire by his throat and thrust him into the air. Didn't I make myself clear?.
You will accept my mate as your queen!.

You have to leave her and take a vampire as a queen. If you don't do so you will have to step down as King!. An old vampire tells me.

You've got to be kidding?. Who the hell are you to decide that?. I ask while scoffing.

I'm one of the oldest vampires, after you. I can be a better King than you have ever been.

He's beginning to piss me off. You tricked your kind, for a werewolf. You lied to us about her!.

I instantly sniff her scent. She's around. She possibly heard every word. I turn to see her standing at the entrance. She walks towards me.

She's now standing next to me. Andre will choose his throne over me!. She says loud enough for everyone to hear.

What?. I glare at her, I'm now furious. Isabella, what do you think you're doing?.

I'm deciding for you andre. Your kingdom and people come first, not me.

Isabella, do you know what this means?.

Yes andre, I know. I will have to leave you for good. I'm fine with it, their lives are much more important than us being together. She explains while tears roll down her cheek.

No, you can't isabella. I won't let that happen. They have no choice than to accept you as their queen!.

Then unfortunately you will have to step down as King!. The same, old vampire says.

She's important to me and so is my throne. I've been one of the most oldest and powerful vampire kings, there ever was. If I hand my throne over to someone else, this war will never come to an end. Our species will be extinct that's for sure. I can't choose between them, it's not like I'm power-hungry, the thing is I can't let someone else take over if that happens this kingdom will be in ruins.

Isabella, I glance at her tearful face. It breaks my heart, I can't do this to her.

I know what you're going to say andre, you are going to select your throne over me!. I understand it isn't easy for you to choose. But you're doing the right thing for both the vampires and werewolves.

Isabella, I whisper but she stops me. You don't need to explain yourself andre.
You can let your people know, I'm not their queen any longer. She says and leaves.

I warn everyone to stop bickering at each other. I have an announcement to make. I will still be your king. My mate will be stepping down as queen.

Wonderful, the old vampire says. You will now have to take a vampire as queen.

I don't need another Queen, I've been running this kingdom by myself all these years.

No, there will be no such thing. You have no choice but to accept the woman that we choose for you.

This is ridiculous, I will do no such thing. I already have a mate!.

She has to leave, you need to break the bond between you too!.

How am I supposed to do that?. I yell. This man is getting on my nerves. I will never let isabella leave, she will be with me even if they choose another woman to be queen. Isabella will be here without them knowing.

You need to kill her!. You have to do it in front of us.

I'm going to kill this man, I move closer to him but someone stops me. It's one of my servants. What?. I yell at him.

He calls me aside. My king your mate has fled. She told me to give you this.

Why didn't you stop her?. I yank him by his collar? I tried to my king, I even informed the guards to stop her. However, she stopped us. She used her magic on us.

What?. Yes, my king. If you don't believe me, you may ask the guards. You can leave.

She doesn't know how to use her power, she's still learning how to. I need to find her myself before Damien does. I take off to the forest. I've looked in every direction but I can't seem to find her. How could she leave me?.

The letter, she left me a letter. I dig into my pockets. I start to read it.

Andre, I'm sorry for doing this to you unexpectedly. I knew you couldn't choose between me and the throne. So I had to make the decision for you. We were forced to be apart, I will never stop loving you. If we don't stop this war soon enough, the werewolves race would be extinct. I'm going somewhere far away to start my life by myself. Please don't search for me.
Love isabella.

Tears spill from my eyes, it's the first time in my whole existence I'm crying. Now I know what's it like to lose a mate. She's not coming back, I lost her!. I chose my throne over her. I hope wherever she is, she will be happy and away from Damien. She can now protect herself from him since she knows how to use her magic.