Onagawa x (gender-neutral) Reader

Beginne am Anfang

"It's not the same mom. Dad, please?"

"You heard your mother," he replied not looking up from his book. My frustration went up tenfold but I kept it all in.

"Fine."

I went back to my room, my mood sinking. I played games on my phone and watched videos on YouTube. Anything to pass the time. With the passing hours, being stuck inside sunk my mood further. I sighed, going back to the dining table to scroll through more videos to watch.

"Why don't you just exercise at home?" my sister asked.

"It's not just a matter of exercising," I sighed, rubbing my temples. "It's a matter of leaving the house. Being home is stressful now and I'm fed up."
I clicked my tongue and brushed my hair out of my face in irritation. "What a shit day."

"Can I have ramen for lunch?"

I nodded, heating some water in a pan. "You want some rice with that?"

"Yes please!"

As I waited for the water to boil, I pulled out my phone to complain to my sleepy boy.

MESSAGES

f/n💤✨
can't workout and now i'm annoyed

sleepy💤💙
parents?

f/n💤✨
yeah
i was so pumped for it too
ugh

sleepy💤💙
you'll be fine

f/n💤✨
if i don't snap at someone beforehand
this is the only form of healthy stress relief i have

sleepy💤💙
i'll be over later
you can vent out on me

f/n💤✨
someone's dehydrated

sleepy💤💙
you're so weird

f/n💤✨
i'm actually tired

sleepy💤💙
who's fault is that?

f/n💤✨
byyyee

I dropped the ramen in the pot and set my timer for a nice three minutes before perfection.

"Is it ready yet?" Naomi asked. I rolled my eyes.

"I just put the ramen in."

"I'm hungry," she whined, holding her presumably grumbling stomach. I looked at the timer and sighed. She's right. The next two minutes are going to be annoyingly long.

TIME SKIP

"What you watching lil' sis?" I asked, peering over her computer screen. "Some reaction channel stuff. Is that all you watch?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "It's the only thing I can watch with mom around," she answered in a hushed voice.

"You're right about that," I replied, gathering ingredients to make a smoothie. I tossed everything in the blender and bopped my head to the album playing in my mind.