Chapter 51- Opening Night

Opening night of Hamilton. February 1st. I stood in my dress and heels as my mic gets set up. We stand around as a group before 'King George' makes his announcement. I invited Chris but with his own Broadway schedule he wouldn't be here tonight, it was fine. It was still going to be great!

"Tonight, is a big night, and I'm so glad I get to experience it with all of you! It wouldn't be possible without all the hard work and dedication you all have provided to make sure we were ready on time. I would also like to thank YN. She created 75% of the play's music and composition. If it wasn't for her, we wouldn't be here tonight. God knows it took me 2 years and YN's help to complete just one song for this. So, with that being said enjoy tonight, there's only ever one opening night!" Lin said all of this while holding up a water. We all clapped at the speech before making our way out of the back to our positions.

I stood behind the curtains where I'll be making the first entrance for the opening song, Alexander Hamilton. Lin walks over to me.

"You ready?" He asked with a smile. I nodded my head slowly.

"Nervous, I don't do live action events normally." He nodded his head in understanding. I watch as he turned to leave. "Lin!" He turned back confused. "Thank you, for this opportunity. It means the world to me."

"Always, you might be my new cowriter for all future events. You have a talent most don't. Now, positions." I gave a light chuckle at him and listened for my cue.

The first song went well. The lights were so bright that I couldn't see the audience which was nice. It made my nerves calm since it felt just like a rehearsal.

Now for The Schuyler sisters. The three of us girls stood off listening for the cue and then we entered the stage.

"Angelica." I sang as we walked out.

"Eliza." Phillipa, the woman I choose to be Eliza in my place.

"Peggy." Jasmine sang, in a childish like voice.

"Eliza, I'm lookin' for a mind at work, work, work. I'm lookin' for a mind at work, work, work. I'm lookin' for a mind at work, work, work. Whoa, whoa work." I was enjoying myself in the moment and I haven't been this happy acting in a while. Well, except for when I was with the MCU cast.

I sit backstage. Other than a few vocals I have no stage time for the next 3 or 4 scenes so instead I sit in the back with the head of the costume department helping her figure out why one of the extras' zippers broke.

"I gotta go, I'm up." And this is how our evening went. My scenes were minimal which was fine since when I wasn't there, I was helping out the crew in the back.

The final song was about to start, and everyone was needed for this number. Who lives Who dies Who tells your story? This is one of my proudest moments. I stood off to the side of the stage as the performance went on and I smiled softly as I watched this happen.

I was living a dream I never wanted to wake from.

[WASHINGTON] Let me tell you what I wish I'd known
When I was young and dreamed of glory. You have no control:

[WASHINGTON AND COMPANY] Who lives, Who dies, Who tells your story?

[WASHINGTON] President Jefferson:

[JEFFERSON] I'll give him this: his financial system is a Work of genius. I couldn't undo it if I tried and I tried

[WASHINGTON AND COMPANY] Who lives, Who dies, Who tells your story?

[WASHINGTON] President Madison:

[MADDISON] He took our country from bankruptcy to prosperity I hate to admit it, but he doesn't get enough credit For all the credit he gave us

[WASHINGTON AND COMPANY] Who lives, Who dies, Who tells your story?

[ANGELICA] Every other founding fathers story gets told Every other founding father gets to grow old

[BURR] But when you're gone, who remembers your name? Who keeps your flame?