Chapter 7- Music and Managers

I'm running around the house looking for my purse! I swear no matter where I put it, it ends up in another location. It doesn't help that the whole time I'm searching Chris is laughing at me because he can't understand how I lost it. I FINALLY find it under Loki in the living room. I honestly felt bad for moving him since he was peacefully sleeping but my job came before his sleep. I mean Loki can crawl off to the couch and sleep there, but no! He had to sleep on my purse!

"Are you ready now?" Chris asked as I looked around and pat my pockets making sure I have keys, phone, shoes, etc. before looking at him and nodding my head.

Chris was kind enough to drive us to the recording studio since we both knew I was to on edge to attempt to be focused enough to drive. In total the drive was 25 minutes from the house which was a lot faster than I had anticipated and made me think we went to the wrong location. That fear slowly subsided when I saw Monica standing outside the building making a phone call.

Chris pulled to the back of the building before getting out and opening my door before I have even grabbed all of my stuff. I give a soft smile as I accepted the hand he had offered me as I stepped out of the car. The back door swings open and I see Monica standing there with a pissed off look that quickly fades as she sees Chris and I.

"Come on you two! We don't need to keep them waiting." Monica stated as she stood there almost impatient. I quickly walked into the building with Chris and Mon on my tail. I step aside letting Mon take the lead since I had never been in this building and had no clue where we were headed. "Chris! I'm glad to see you! I didn't know you would be YN's plus one."

"I was in town and wanted to hang out. I'm just glad she felt comfortable enough for me to come with." Chris and I knew that if he said anything else Monica would make sure there was paparazzi outside when we left for publicity.

I don't say anything as I feel my heart starts beating faster. I grab my journal out of my purse as we walk up the stairs to the studios. I knew we would be here for a while so I thought I write some things down while I waited. I look up as we enter and I see all of Marron 5 and another gentleman sitting around chatting.

"YN! Glad you could make it!" Adam was very excited to see me as he stood up and gave me a quick hug. I smiled at the others as I stayed silent, fear had now taken over me. "What do you have here?" Adam asked pointing at my journal in my hand.

"I write when I get overwhelmed." I replied not making eye contact with anyone.

"Do you mind if I look at it while you get started?" Adam asked carefully, he didn't want to be rude, or push boundaries. I was a bit hesitant but I agree handing it over to Adam before Monica guides me to the room and I look back to Chris who is introducing himself to Maroon 5 before looking at me and giving me a thumbs up. Monica walks me to the center of the room where the mic and headphones are. I set my purse down taking a deep breath. I don't know why I was so nervous to do this. Then I realized Chris was here. I wanted to sound good, I didn't want him to think I sucked. I put on the headphones and heard the one man I wasn't familiar with talk.

"You ready YN?" The producer said from the other side of the glass. I nodded my head and heard the music start playing. I did my verse in one take and as I was getting ready to walk Adam barged in with my journal.

"These are song lyrics!" Adam exclaimed holding the journal up to me. I stood there wide eyed as I nodded my head. "Do one!" He set the journal on the stand in front of the microphone before turning and closing the door. I looked through the glass with a 'what do I do' look. Monica motioned me to go ahead and Chris gave a soft nod and a smile. I took a deep breath and put on the headphones. Most of these were breakup songs from when Noah and I ended our relationship.