Chapter 20- right for me

"Do we have any plans before dinner tonight?" I ask Chris looking around and examining the living room a bit more.

"Nothing set in stone. I made sure that Scar packed your laptop and charger in case you wanted to go ahead and work on your app a bit more. Is there anything you want to do?" Chris asked while standing up and walking into the kitchen.

"I'm not sure what I want to do. I have a lot I should be getting done but we are on a vacation." I look at my phone and thankfully I haven't missed any messages from Andrea or anyone else.

"How about an easy day then? Just lounging around the house watching movies and if you want to do anything while the TV is on, we can."

"Why do I have a feeling that you have something you need to be doing?" I raise an eyebrow as I'm now kneeling on the couch with my arms crossed over the back as I watch him pick up a glass of water.

"Because you know me so well." Chris gave me a smile walking back in and setting the cup on the coffee table as he pulled over a backpack and pulled out a script.

"You have another movie coming up?" He looked over at me. Chris seemed rather hesitant to tell me. I understood if he couldn't tell me. It's just one of the downfalls of this industry.

"Not exactly. I actually need to run down to New York on Tuesday. I have an audition. I haven't gotten the role yet."

"That's amazing. Do you mind if I drive down to New York with you? I know one of the Record Labels that wanted to meet me is stationed there."

"Yeah, it's a 3-and-a-half-hour drive. If that's okay." I smiled at him. I could tell Chris was a bit nervous with the thought of me coming with him.

"Don't worry. I won't interfere with your audition. I've never been to NY so I can tour it and do my meeting while you're busy. Plus, it beats being stuck here all day." Chris nodded his head deciding not to reply. I watched as he flipped over the pages and started reading. I took that time to open my phone and message, Andrea, about scheduling with the Record Label in NY for Tuesday afternoon.

The message got sent and I decided to hop over to Twitter to see a recent update from none other than Lin Manuel Miranda.

@Lin_Manuel

Nothing is harder than being stuck on 1 song for over a year for the HAMILTON play I'm writing.

I looked at it for a minute before smiling. I quickly let my fingers start flying over the screen as I typed a tweet back to him.

@therealYNYLN

Hey, @Lin_Manuel I know I'm still new to the whole music thing but I have some really good ideas for HAMILTON if you need some help! I got a minor in college in the History of the American Revolution which studied Hamilton to great lengths!

I hit the post button and decided to scroll through a bit more commenting on some other tweets before I received a message from Andrea saying that the meeting was scheduled for 2:15 PM on Tuesday. Andrea let me know that she couldn't make it in person but that she would be video chatting during the meet.

Not even 5 minutes later I get a call from Andrea. Chris looks up at me confused and I give him an apologetic look as I stand up and answer the call as I walk out of the room heading to the back patio.

"Hey Andrea, what's up?" I ask opening the back patio door just fast enough for Dodger to run outside. I quickly step out and close the glass door behind me not to disturb Chris anymore.

"I have a few things to tell you. Are you sitting down?"

"No." I reply with a chuckle.

"You might want to." I start getting nervous thinking the worst.

"What is Andrea?" My voice was shaky with nerves. I didn't know if this was good life-changing news or everything is going to shit kind of news.

"Well let's start with the smallest thing. I heard from Lin Manuel Miranda's manager that he wants your contact information."

"That's good that means he saw my tweet, go ahead and give him my cell and email."

"Okay, I'll check that off the list. Next, uhm... MTV would like to invite you to play at the VMA's since it seems that your song has placed you as a nominee for best new artist, song of the summer, and best collaboration."

"THEY WHAT NOW?!"

"I think you heard me YN."

"WHAT DID YOU TELL THEM?!"

"I told them tentatively that you would be available."

"THANK GOD YOU DID. I WANNA DO IT."

"Are you sure?" Andrea asked writing some things down on her papers.

"I've never been more sure about anything in my life. I just need the info and to plan an outfit."

"Okay, I'll send you the info for that. The VMA's are at the beginning of September so there is no rush with that. Now lastly the Emmys will be occurring at the end of September."

"Okay? What about the Emmys?" I was overly joyed with the other things I was only partially paying attention to this portion of the phone call.

"You've been asked to present an Emmy with Tom Hiddleston. From my understanding, you are a nominee for your role in Kong." I stood there in complete shock. "I'll take the silence as you want to do it for now. Just so you know once we agree to these, we will have a lot of designers who will want to partner with you for your outfits."

"Mhm.." that's the only thing I can get to say as I'm in awe. I really have no words.

"Okay, great, I'll send all the information out for you now. I'll talk to you later YN." With that Andrea hung up and I stood there smiling. So many things were going right for me. I was best friends with Tom Hiddleston, dating Chris Evans. Hell, I'm on vacation with Chris Evans during our break week from filming the latest Avengers movie. I just released my new song at had 63.5 million views in 24 hours of being released and now I was being asked to perform at the VMA's. Just to later that month present and read an Emmy nomination with my costar.

At this moment I was proud of myself. I have worked so hard to get where I'm going. I wasn't going to be done anytime soon as I knew I had so much more work to do. I had goals and that was what was going to push me to be better.

I get my brain to calm down and call Dodger back to the house and open the door so we can go in. Once I know Dodger was clear from the door I closed and locked it up going back to the living room. I go and find my suitcase and open it grabbing my calendar. I sit on the couch and see a pen on the coffee table so I snatch it quickly as I open the calendar. I open my email and notice messages from Andrea already with dates, times, and locations. I flip to September and write things in.

I hadn't noticed that Chris was watching me as I excitedly wrote away all the upcoming events. I put in the Emmy's, VMA's, record label meeting. The end date for the film.

"I see you're using the calendar I got you. What are you writing in it?" I look up with wide eyes and a matching smile. I looked like a kid on Christmas.

"I can wait to tell you if you want to work on that still." As much as I wanted to tell him all this news I knew he had to practice and be ready.

"You're much more important." I stood up not even thinking as I started telling him everything that has occurred in the last hour. The second the words leave my mouth Chris is off the couch and spinning me in the air. I let out a small giggle as I'm spun around. He sets me gently. Chris moves his hands to my cheeks and pulls me in for a gentle but passionate kiss. We pull apart and I look up at him.

"I'm so incredibly proud of you. Look at my amazingly smart, beautiful, and talented girlfriend." He called me his girlfriend. Yeah, we were dating but we never said that before. "What are you smiling at?"

"You, you called me your girlfriend, you've never done that before."

"You okay with that?" I nod my head before leaning in and kissing him.