Chapter 36- EMMY'S

September 30th. The day I've been dreading for a month, or at least in a way I was dreading it. I was excited to walk the red carpet and show off my new masterpiece of a dress. I worked so hard that I wasn't letting it go to waste no matter how nervous I was to go.

This is the first time in a month I will see any of the cast face to face. Not only that but I can't avoid all of them since I need to present the nomination list with Tom...

It's noon now, I have an hour until I need to start getting ready. What better way to help my nerves then to swim?

An hour and a half later I'm showered and getting my hair and makeup ready before I slide on my dress. Andrea was on her way over to help me get the dress on.

For the hair I did loose curls pulled into a half up half down style. The makeup was fairly simple except my eyes. I did a blue to black ombre with a winged eyeliner. Then I just added a lip gloss with glitter to add a little extra shine. Andrea entered my room dress in hand.

"Are you ready?" I gave her a look and she knew the answer. My face said yes but my eyes showed a hesitance to them. That's all that was needed for her.

The dress was a high low A line style bottom that touched the ground. The top was straight across but with a ¾ sleeve off the shoulder. The top was a white/light blue. The hips were dark blue and by the end of the dress it was black. The dress looked almost exactly like my drawing; the color shades were just a bit different.

"You look absolutely beautiful YN." Andrea whispered as she zipped up the back.

"Thank you, Andrea, for everything." I gave her a tight hug before we both made our way downstairs. I grabbed a pair of 4-inch black wedges and slid my phone into my built-in pockets. You heard me right. I made my dress with pockets!

~*~

Stepping out of the limo nerves hit me yet again. There weren't many cameras at the entrance since most were waiting inside on the carpet. I'm so excited (Note the sarcasm). I pull the front of my dress up just slightly so my feet don't catch the sides as I walk up the steps. After the first step I make sure to keep my head up incase of any unknown photos.

I hear some fans screaming at the door and I walk over towards them.

"YN can I please get your autograph?!" One of the fans asked.

"Of course, I'm so sorry, I didn't bring a pen with me. Do you have one?" I ask with a smile. The girl handed me her notebook and pen. I signed my name with a little heart and a message to follow your dreams. A few more signatures are given before I wake them goodbye and walk towards the vultures, I mean paparazzi.

It takes over 30 minutes and many repeated stances to get through that part of the carpet. Now to little interviews. Thankfully these are simple check-ins not big deal questions.

"YN! It's so good to see you again! How have you been?" The Interviewer from the Kong premier spoke.

"Things have been really great! I'm glad to see you again as well!" I tell her as I give her a quick hug.

"Tell us what have you been up to?"

"So much has been going on. I've completed my first album, I just performed at the VMA's earlier this month. I've been very busy with some other projects as well but I can't tell you much about those right now."

"I understand. Tell us, is this a dress from Prada?" She asked me as her hand rested on my arm to feel the fabric.

"It's not, I actually spent the last few weeks making this dress for the event."