Chapter 45- The Bruins Game

We got to Boston around 4:30 and stopped at the golden arch of fast food... McDonald's. Chris kept apologizing for not getting a reservation but I assured him that this was perfect for the night that we were going to have.

"Chris, relax. This is perfect, it's normal almost." We sat down with our order and started talking.

"So, I know you love Hockey, but what made you fall in love?"

"It's one of those things I remember about my parents. My dad used to be a huge fan, had a whole room of memorabilia. I just wish my home had a team I could root for." I tell him honestly as we start to enjoy our meal.

"Where are you from? I don't think I ever found out where you were born, or where you went to school for that matter." I took a deep breath as I thought back to my home town, the weather, the people and a smile appeared on my face.

"I was born in Washington state. My Uncle lived about an hour away from my old house. I moved in with him, unfortunately until I was 18. Then I moved back to my hometown where I went to a local community college before transferring to UCLA for my bachelors. 3 years after graduating I got the job at Kong." Chris sat there for a moment almost trying to think of what to ask me without crossing a line. I was thankful for what he asked me next.

"So, Washington state doesn't have a hockey team?" I chuckled a bit appreciating the effort.

"Not yet, they are in the process of building the new arena which will be home to the Seattle Krakens, but their first season isn't estimated to start till 2021. The arena is estimated to cost 1 billion dollars and take at least 4 years to complete. But knowing the construction workers in Washington it will take 30 years to complete." I grumble before eating a fry. Chris tilted his head confused and I chuckled remembering he wasn't from around there. "There is a freeway in Washington called I5. They have been working on it since 1998 I believe and aren't estimated to complete the project until the summer of 2023."

"You seem to really know your stuff for not living there for what, 6 years?"

"I keep up to date. I love the state and miss the weather, though Boston seems to have similar weather, a bit more snow though."

"What's your favorite city there?" I thought about it for a moment. I didn't really get to visit locations when I lived there but there was one place that stuck out in my mind.

"There's this little German town in the Cascade called Leavenworth. I got to go one Winter. It was beautiful with the snow and the town was decorated with Christmas lights. It was like it was right out of a holiday movie." I smiled at the memory. It was one of the few memories with my uncle. Which I proceeded to tell Chris just that.

"How old were you when he took you?" Chris didn't normally bring up my relationship with my uncle and I was grateful but I also appreciated him trying to get to know my past a bit more.

"I think I was 8, maybe 9. I remember the town very vividly though, even for being so young." We continued talking back and forth now focusing more on Chris' past before getting up and heading to the TD Garden. No one was there yet and I gave Chris a confused look. He just smiled before grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the door. There was security there. Chris handed him the tickets I assumed. The man's eyes went wide before nodding his head and opening the door. There was a woman there in blouse and slacks holding two lanyards.

"Welcome Mr. Evans, Miss. YLN. If you would please put these on so we can start the tour." I look at Chris confused but slipped on the lanyard.

"Just trust me." Chris whispered seeing the confusion.

"We will begin the tour walking around so I can give you history of the building, then we will finish off with meeting the team before taking you to your Suite."