Chapter 16- The Date

After some messaging back and forth with Chris I knew we weren't going anywhere fancy since he told me a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt would suffice. I decided to wear just that. I put my hair into a messy bun and grabbed my purse. I knew that if I had asked Chris where we were going, he would have been happy to tell me, but I decided to keep it a surprise. I just knew I would love spending time with him.

Chris told me he would pick me up at 6 and it was 3 minutes before when I heard a knock on the door. I grab my purse and open it to see Chris standing there in a beige long sleeve shirt and grey-ish jeans.

"Hey, Stranger." I say with a smile; Chris quickly returned the smile.

"Hey, are you ready to go?" I nodded my head and stepped out and locking the door up behind me. I followed him down to the car and we got in heading to the date.

There was a comfortable silence between us. There wasn't any awkwardness. It was nice. After some time driving Chris parks the car near what seemed to be a park. We get out and I watch as he opens the back seat to grab a bag.

"You didn't!" I say excitedly to see he has my favorite food.

"You're excited over Subway?" He asked with a chuckle.

"Very much so." He walks around shaking his head before offering me his hand. I hesitated for a minute to take it but once I did it felt normal, comforting. We had been close in the past between cuddling while watching a movie or holding hands when I wanted to drag him somewhere. I look around and see the park in front of us with a small lake. "Come on let's go sit near the lake." I say almost like a kid.

"The grass is probably wet, are you sure you want to?" I nodded my head like a kid as we walked over there.

Chris found a flat spot and sat down before opening the bag to pull out our food. I took in the moment and it made my heart flutter a bit. I sat next to him graciously accepting my food as we sat there enjoying the view.

"So, what kind of plans do you have after filming?" Chris was trying to make conversation. It was at that moment that I knew he felt nervous. Hell, even I was starting to feel nervous.

"Uhm, after this Andrea wants me to meet with the three record labels to decide who is going to help me produce my first album. I'll most likely have a contract signed with one by the end of my first month out of filming. From there as long as I have all of the songs written it should only take a month or two to record and edit. Knowing Andrea, she'll push the release to be when the new movie comes out."

"That's awesome. Are you nervous?"

"No, not for the album. I actually thought about doing some other stuff in between." I gave a shrug as I continued eating.

"Like what?"

"Well, I know I don't have as many scenes as the rest of you; but the Russo's want me to stay in Atlanta for the duration of filming in case we need to redo something. I figured that on my downtime I would try to make a new app."

"Cool, wait what?" I laughed at his reaction.

"There is a lot you don't know about me, Evans. I had an idea the other day about developing a new app software so I thought I could spend my downtime working on that while waiting for filming to end. Anyway, that's enough about me. What are your plans after filming?"

"We aren't done with that conversation, but I'll let it slide for the moment. After filming I plan on going to LA for a month or two. I have some business to attend there but after that, I'll be in Boston. Luke is trying to get me to accept another film but none are catching my attention."

"Is Scott going to be in Boston too? Or is he going to stay in LA?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure. Sometimes I forget that he went off to do his own thing." Almost the second we were done eating we both laid back looking at the clouds above us. It was nice. The sun was setting and there weren't any disturbances. "Okay, going back to our earlier conversation. When did you learn how to do all of that? What is your idea?"

"Well, during college I took computer science and coding as some of my electives as well as fashion design. I want to make an app that puts all instruments in one place. I know of plenty of apps that have just the piano, or guitar, etc. But I want one that has everything in one spot. I have so many ideas for my songs but it's really hard to make sure the lyrics flow with my intended instruments." I sigh trying to think of a better explanation. "I don't have the money to go out and buy a piano, a guitar, a drum set. Basically, everything I would need to make my music. My plan is to have it be used on Laptops and PC's so that the keys on a keyboard act as though you're playing that intended note on said instrument. I'm not planning on adding a recording option but just being able to add overlays with the different instruments in the different keys. Does that make sense?" I ask trying to stop my rambling. I look over to see him watching me with a smile on his face.

"Yeah, I think it does. If I ask more questions, I'm sorry."

"No, don't worry about it. I know how to do it. I just have a hard time explaining things sometimes."

"Let me see if I got this. Your app will have the ability to select an instrument. Then when you hit a key on a keyboard it plays that note. So, you're essentially creating the song by yourself without going into the studio?"

"Yeah, that's basically it. I don't have a band or anything. So, if this is done ahead of time then it will be easier to just download and record with. I'm not sure if the record label will get me a band or if this will work in its place."

"That's amazing YN. I'm so proud of what you're accomplishing and what you intend on doing. Now, you took fashion in college?" Chris kept his eyes on me the whole time and I couldn't help but blush a bit.

"I did, I used to sketch outfit designs but I ended up in this career path instead so I haven't sketched anything in a while."

"I'm sure that you could get back into that if you wanted."

"Yeah, I probably could, but with everything else going on I'm not sure I would have time." A phone buzzed; Chris's.

"We should probably get you home. It's already past 9." Woah, where did the time go?

"Uhm yeah. Got an early morning tomorrow. Right?" Chris gave a small sigh before nodding his head. With that, we quietly got up and cleaned up our garbage before heading to the car. On our way back to my place something came over me. Chris's hand rested on the gear shift. I reached over and rested my hand on top of his causing him to flip his hand over. My hand fell in his, he pulled it up towards him kissing the back of my hand. Just like earlier that night, I felt my cheeks flush as a flutter occurred in my chest. 

AN- This is a blah chapter. There isn't much fluff. If you have recommendations or thoughts about what to write in the future, just let me know! The intent was to get the two to know each other better and to further their relationship before getting into the physical and more romantic aspects.