Chapter 42- Filming in New Orleans

Mark Harmon called me on the first of November asking me if I could fly out New Orleans to start filming the new show. I would be there for 3 weeks and get 4 episodes made. The plan was to allow my character to be called to another job allowing me back on the show in the future when my schedule would allow it.

Lizzie, like before was watching Loki for me. I felt bad for leaving him but with the next 3 weeks being at the set would make it difficult to watch over him.

The weather here was nice which made it easier to film in. I was supposed to be Dwayne Prides partner played by Scott Bakula and the probie Christopher LaSalle played by Lucas Black.

In between takes I stood under an awning drinking some water. Mark Harmon walked over to me.

"How have you been kid?"

"I have a feeling my holiday is going consist of sleep and Epsom salt foot baths. Your schedule is ridiculous and my feet are Killing me." I even widened my eyes to emphasize just how much my feet were hurting in this moment.

"It's not my fault your schedule is so busy."

"You should have called me in October that month was almost completely open!" I reply with a laugh which just makes me receive an eye roll.

"I hope we get you back on the show soon. We all enjoy having you around. You make the set fun but you also allow us to get work done." Mark said patting me on the back like a dad would do to their kid and it made me smile.

~*~

It was 11 o'clock here, the 20th of November. Two more days of filming and I would be done. I hadn't booked my ticket back to LA since I actually thought about sticking around here to explore for thanksgiving. I mean what else would I do?

Incoming call from Chris 😊

Accept / Decline

I click the accept resting it on my ear as I lay down so I don't have to hold it up.

"Hey." I say quietly trying to hold in my yawn.

"Hey, how was filming?" I could hear the concern. He still checked in with me constantly making sure I didn't over do it. Hell, even Scott constantly checked in with me.

"Long, I have two more days. When are you heading to Boston?" I ask trying to get the topic off of me.

"I leave tomorrow evening." Chris sounded almost disappointed.

"Well that must be exciting, you haven't seen your mom and siblings since we went."

"Yeah, that's actually why I was calling." That immediately caught my attention and I sat up holding the phone against my ear.

"What's up Chris?"

"Look, my family loves you dearly, and I know you don't have anyone to spend the holidays with. So if you want you're welcome to come to Boston and spend the holidays with us." He was nervous and it made me smile. Chris was never one to be nervous unless it was with me.

"Can I let you know when I get up in the morning?"

"Of course! Just let me know by noon your time. I can even bring Loki with me and Dodger. I just thought you could spend time with us. Also you need to be in NYC in December for the play. I just figured this helped things out." Chris was right, I had to fly to New York at the beginning of December and I completely forgot. My plan was to get a place in New York that would last me till April. Since as of now that's when my last play would be, though it could extend till June depending on when Marvel planned on having the red carpet release for our movie.

"Uhm, yeah that actually is a good idea. I need to message Lizzie and see if she can get Loki's stuff together. Fuck, I forgot to find a place to stay in New York, and I would need a hotel in Massachusetts." I start rambling to myself as I let my back fall against the bed.

"You and Loki can stay with me and Dodger till you leave for NYC in December. We have a few guest rooms and it's only a week." I took a few deep breaths trying to calm down. I wouldn't be able to loo for a place in New York till I got to Boston since the filming schedule was so intense.

"Okay, okay. So, you'll take Loki with you to Sudbury tomorrow night. I'll fly out here on the 23rd since I'll be filming late into the 22nd. I'll call Lizzie in the morning and see if she could ship a box of my stuff since I didn't pack much to wear for filming which means I have absolutely nothing for the east coast."

"Listen to me. What you're going to do is take a deep breath. Okay? When we get off this phone you're going to get some sleep and tomorrow you are going to go to work and kick butt. I will handle Lizzie and sending some stuff to Sudbury so that way its there when you get here okay?"

"Okay." I mumbled now extremely tired and being very thankful that I had Chris helping me out.

"Okay, now get some sleep YN, goodnight."

"Goodnight Chris, thank you." With that he hung up and I fell asleep still in my work clothes now excited for the weeks to come.