Chapter 49- Christmas Eve

My 'beauty' sleep as Chris called it was rudely interrupted by Chris opening the door. The bright lights of the hallway filled the room. I grumbled as I rolled over pulling the blankets about my head.

"YN, get up. It's Christmas Eve. We have fun plans today." Chris spoke softly and it my heart do summer saults. He knew I wasn't much of a morning person and was oh so patient with me. "I brought you breakfast in bed." I sat up immediately looking for the food. I heard the most amazing chuckle, and I gave a soft smile at him. "At least I know what get you out of bed." He smiles at me as he set down the tray.

"Sorry." I say sheepishly as I look down a bit, a smile still on both of our faces. I looked at the tray in awe. "You made this?" I was in awe; it was something I had told him my mom made me when I was a kid. She woke me and my dad up with chocolate chip pancakes, bacon and hot chocolate.

After breakfast was eaten and the dishes were done, I turned on a Christmas movie as Chris set up the items to build a gingerbread house.

"Hey babies? Do you think we can build a snowman today?" I asked him as I looked out the back window.

"If that's what you want to do then of course we can."

"Yay! Now, let's build this gingerbread house. Mind you, I might need help. I've never done this before." He looked over at me with a sad smile. He knew what I meant by that. I think that's why Chris was doing all these fun Christmas activities with me today. Since I never got to do these things growing up.

~*~

An hour later and frosting everywhere it was finally completed.

"It looks great!" Chris said as he kissed the side of my head. I was about to reply when the front door opened.

"Honey! I'm home!" I hear Scott shout. He walked in and stopped. Suddenly he was doubled over laughing. "Wow, guys, I thought the candy was supposed to go on the house not on you guys." It was then I realized I had a gum drop in my hair. I started laughing too. "Wait, I gotta get a photo of this and send it to Ma." I rolled my eyes and the comment but stayed in place.

Scott may be the good one of the two but if he wants something done, he will stop at nothing for it to happen. For example, me and Chris dating... Smug bastard set us up on that duet and I know it. Though, I can't say I would've stayed away from Chris much longer.

Scott quickly took photos of Chris and I as well as the gingerbread house.

"Okay, why don't you go upstairs and clean off some of that frosting before getting into some warm clothes so we can build a snowman." I was smiling like a little kid. I nodded my head quickly turning to go out of the kitchen, but I stopped and turned around. I gave Chris a quick kiss.

"Thank you, for today." I tell him before rushing upstairs to change.

I made it the room to see Dodger and Loki sleeping curled up into each other on the bed. I awed for a moment before going to the bathroom and using a towel to wipe everything off my face. I added a pair of sweats and a sweatshirt before heading downstairs. Was I excited to build a snowman? Sure.  But I was also excited because I planned on getting Chris with a sneak attack snowball fight.

I stepped outside to see Scott and Chris standing there talking.

"Are we going to sit around all day and talk or are we going to make a snowman?" I jumped up and down a bit at the question. Scott saw the little gleam of mischief in my eyes and smiled more. He knew I was up to something; he just didn't know what.

"Okay, okay, let's go."

We split up and each took a part to make. I was in charge of the middle snowball, so I got to work on rolling the snow and getting the size we were looking for. As I did that though I started making small snowballs and stacking them into little piles.

I rolled the middle section to Chris who but it and stepped back as Scott added Frosty's head. Chris and Scott found a set of sticks and rocks to make the arms, face and buttons.

"I think I have an extra hat and scarf inside. Let me look." Chris said leaving Scott outside alone with me. Wrong choice Chris, wrong choice.

"What are you planning?" Scott asked with a grin.

"Spontaneous snowball fight. I have premade snowballs hidden around and once he adds the finishing touched to the Mr. Frosty over there Imma get him. You wanna help?" I ask as I wiggle my eyebrows.

"You bet I do." Right on cue Chris came out and walked over to us. I stepped back a bit to one of my piles and bent over grabbing two. The second Chris was done putting the hat on I gave a nod to Scott and we both hit Chris with a snowball. Chris turned around slowly looking at Scott first.

I watch Scott drop the other one from his hand. He raised his arms in defeat before slowly pointing at me. Chris turned to me with a raised eyebrow. I watch him mouth 'run' and boy did I.

"You asshole, you're just going to let me fend for myself?!" I shout at Scott as I run as fast as my legs let me.

"Sorry, YN!" Scott shouted after us. I hear Chris coming up as his feet hit the snow making a crunching sound.

I feel his arms snake around me, and I'm quickly lifted off the ground. I let out a squeal in shock as he spins me around.

"Are we really playing this game today?" He asked in a hushed voice. I nodded my head slightly. Hearing him ask that sent a shiver down my spine. "How about we get Scott?" I nodded my head quickly. Anything to get me out of trouble...

~*~

We spent an hour total outside in the snow. We had the snowball fight I was hoping for that ended in a tie and a lot of broken alliances. I got both Chris and Scott to make snow angels with me which took a bit of convincing but once we did it, they enjoyed it.

Chris and I now sat in the car as he held up his promise of driving me around town to see Christmas lights. We even had travel mugs full of hot chocolate.

"In my hometown, there was a street that we called Candy Cane Lane every year. Do you want to hear the story I was told of how they got the name?" I asked as he pulled up to a park and stopped.

"Yeah, I do."

"Well, I was told that originally that only one house on that street ever decorated. They decorated it in honor of their son who had passed away. Christmas had always been his favorite holiday. One year, someone stole their outdoor decorations. All but a single candy cane that was attached to the house. It was the only thing they had left of their son. The following year they decided not to decorate the day after thanksgiving. When the neighbors noticed they decided to cheer up the family. Everyone on that street went out and bought decorations, lights all of it and on every house, in the same place they added their own candy cane. The family of the original house were brought to tears and got new items as well decorating their house before Christmas. As far as I know the whole street has been decorating ever since."

"Wow, that's really cool." I gave a shrug.

"I don't know if the story is true, but you should see the street. It's the brightest in the city. Tons of lights, inflatables, some even hooked theirs up to music. We also used to have the zoo decorate. They call it zoo lights."

"Did you ever go?" He asked me seeing my expression.

"I never personally got to go, but my friends from school would and they would show me photos. The concept is cool though."

That's how we spent the rest of the night. We drove around the city looking at lights, drinking hot chocolate and Chris telling me some stories of his childhood.