Chapter 30- Sponsors and Secrets

So far while being here at the Orphanage I've helped prep meals for the day while asking the Director about the history of the location and how it's managed to still be so successful at helping the children to this day.

Photos were taken for both my social media and theirs. The children were polite and very intelligent. It just went to show that they didn't spare any expense to give these children the best life they could in their position.

I got to meet two sweet kids one was a girl names Poppy who was 6 and a boy named Lee who was 14 both were incredible kids and they spent most of the day with me helping out. It was now 9PM and I was heading towards the door.

"Ma'am, if it's at all possible. I'd like to sponsor Lee and Poppy. If there is anything they'd like to do or have, can you please notify me so I can cover the costs?"

"Are you sure Miss YLN?"

"I'm quite sure, just keep this between us."

"Of course! I know Poppy has wanted to get involved in dance and Lee's school has an upcoming trip."

"You let know the information and I'll cover the costs for them." The director was in genuine shock. I know for a fact that they don't get a lot of coverage at the orphanage but now having not one but two children sponsored by a 'celebrity' was a big deal not only for the orphanage's finances but also allowing the kids a better, normal life.

After information was exchanged, I got into the SUV with my driver and went to hotel to get some rest for the night before my long day at the studio with Lin tomorrow.

~*~

To say I'm exhausted is an understatement. It was on 10 in the morning and I wanted nothing more than to go back to my hotel room and crawl into the fluffy bed. Instead of being content and asleep I stood at Lin's doorstep with my bag of miscellaneous necessities for the day including various snacks and waters.

The door opens to reveal Vanessa Nadal, Lin's wife. Let me tell you this woman is even more gorgeous in person!

"You must be YN! Lin told me that you were coming over. Come in! He's just in the Lab setting everything up."

"The lab?"

"That's what I call the Studio since he's always coming up with some other big thing." I couldn't help but chuckle at the comment. He was well known for music composition and acting. "Can I grab you anything?" Vanessa asked with so much sincerity that it made me feel almost whole. What a wonderful feeling to feel.

"No thank you ma'am, I brought some stuff with me. I hope that's alright." I quickly get out now feeling nerves hit me.

"It's not a problem. I'll show you to the lab." With that I follow behind looking at all the family photos on the wall. It made me think back to how I felt in Chris's home in Sudbury. It was warm and inviting feeling, one that made you know that the person was loved and cared for. You could tell that it was their home, not just some place they stayed on occasion.

My brain finally stops its little ramble of thoughts as we enter the studio. The shock set in. This was even more advanced than the Studio I went to with Maroon 5.

"Wow." I mutter as look around at the room. Or maybe I should say floor. This looked like it took up the entire fourth floor of the home.

"It's great to see you again YN! Are you excited to get to work?"

"Yeah. I am! I have the clips all set up with the music I just need the audio with it now."

"Great, let's get that added to my equipment before we get you set up for vocals." Lin seemed overly excited and it made me smile. I was nervous but happy. I wished that Chris or Lizzie was here but I also knew that they couldn't always be here for me. Some things I needed to do on my own even if I wanted to share the experiences.

The next two hours consisted of me getting copies of the instrumental clips I created to Lin. It took longer and he watched me using the system which then led to many questions. Now that everything was copied over and working on Lin's system, we were taking a 30-minute break for lunch. Or should I say Lin was taking a 30 for lunch. The whole time I had been working I had been snacking on something whether it be a granola bar of fruit snack. I know it's not healthy.... Just don't tell my trainer.

"You read to go YLN?"

"Born ready!" With that being said I grab my journal and go through the door to the recording area. I open my journal to song 1 before getting everything situated. In total I have 9 solos to record. Like always I decided to see if I could out do myself and have two duets on the album with some well-known artists themselves. I would be spending my last day with Lin and the artists. But you see, the people I have on the album are a secret to all but me, Lin and Andrea.