Chapter 6- Chris!

Last night Chris really helped me out more than I had realized. I had come into the signing feeling so much better about my schedule and upcoming jobs.

The contract signing took 2 hours after Monica and my lawyer read over everything twice before I was even allowed to read it. I wasn't really asking for money on this job, just the publicity. However, there is no way I would have been able to sign without receiving some sort of pay for the job.

I pulled into the driveway and saw an SUV that I wasn't familiar with. I walked to the door and it was locked. Maybe Tom came home for the week? I unlocked the door before walking in. I took off my shoes and walked to the kitchen. I heard the TV going so I decided to speak up.

"Tom?" I ask looking around a bit confused and cautious. I heard a chuckle as I see him sit up from the couch. His blue eyes, and scruffy beard made me smile like an idiot. I set my purse down before quickly walking over to him and tackling him onto the couch in a hug. I don't think I realized how much I needed the human contact. The hug was overly refreshing. Chris held onto me tightly as he laid back onto the couch with his strong arms wrapped around me. We don't break the hug as I speak up.

"What are you doing here????" It came out almost as a shout from shock.

"Well last night it seemed like you needed a friend and a break from life."

"Wait, you flew from Boston, your family to La, me because of my bad night last night?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing, he would really do that, for me?

"Yeah, I did." My smile grew hearing him say that! It was amazing to know that he would do something like that for me.

"Thank you Chris, that means more to me than you can imagine."

"I'm glad you're happy I'm here, I was a bit worried you would be pissed."

"Never! I love spending time with you!"

"I love spending time with you too. Okay Miss YLN, what would you like to do? You have me till 11PM on Sunday." I thought about it momentarily before replying.

"Well, I was planning on swimming after I got home, but we can do whatever."

"Nope, you are picking our plans all weekend, whatever you want to do. Whether it's relaxing, going out, or just having general fun then we are doing it!"

"Well then, I'm going swimming, you are welcome to join me if you like."

Chris looked at me and just nodded his head. Finally, he let go of me and I get up from the long-needed hug. I go to my room and give Loki some treats before changing into my all black one piece. I grab my flip flops and towel before walking downstairs to see Chris wasn't ready yet. I just gave a quick shrug putting my towel on the bench before doing a running dive into the pool. My head emerges from under the water and I see Chris standing there in his trunks. I was in awe seeing his tattoos, it was rare I got to see them, if I did, we were on skype and he had a tank top.

"Don't just stand there! Get in!" I flick my hand up a bit splashing him. He jumped at the coldness before shaking his head. I decided to actually attempt to splash him more.

"HEY! I'm going to get you back for that!"

Before I knew it, Chris canon balled into the pool. I let out a small shriek as water went all over the back patio. Chris started swimming towards me and I knew I was screwed. I quickly went to swim away but he grabbed my ankle pulling me towards him. I feel his arms wrap around and I can hear the grin in his voice without even looking at him.

"Payback..." He jumps up a backwards as we both submerge into the water. After we submerged Chris let go of me allowing me to swim to the surface. When we resurfaced, we were both in a fit of laughter. Honestly this was a lot of fun. Normally when I get home from work and swim it's to destress but in this very moment, there was no stress.