Chapter 24- Tours, Broadway and more

The drive to NY was almost calming. Chris and I spent the ride laughing, singing and talking about our lives a bit more. I would honestly consider this alone to be a second date from just how much fun we had. Chris found a spot near his meeting which was about a 30-minute walk to the record label. I looked around and we were in times square. This was absolutely amazing!

"Are you going to be okay by yourself?" Chris asked as he locked the car.

"I'll be fine." I check my phone really quick. "It's 10:40 and my meeting isn't until 2:30 so I'm going to take this time to do some sightseeing!" I walked to the other side of the car to give Chris a quick hug. "Good luck! I believe in you!" Chris looked ecstatic hearing me saying that. He leaned down and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Thanks Babe, good luck with your meetings! I'll message you when I get done!" With that Chris gave one last kiss before making his way towards his building. I turned back looking at Times Square and took in the view. It was absolutely amazing.

I spent about 30 minutes at Times Square getting photos before making my way to Rockefeller Center. Checking my time and location I made a 10-minute walk to Grand Central Terminal getting beautiful photos there as well. My next and final stop before my meeting was the outside of the Empire State building. I had plenty of other things I wanted to do. I wished to pay my respect at the 9/11 memorial, and see the One World Trade Center. Something else I longed to do was go to Central Park but I knew from size alone that would take me a full day. Maybe I could convince Andrea to give me a break in November to come back up here.

If we managed that then I could even see the Christmas tree lighting which I've longed to see. I did a quick scroll through my camera roll looking at what I've taken as I made my way to the corner for a hot dog. I was starving at this point and needed the energy and strength to go and meet with the head of the label. I was starting to change from nervous to the brink of terrified. Before I could convince myself not to go, I hailed a cab and got in giving them the address.

The drive wasn't far, and under less nerves I would have walked. I just didn't have a great feeling about this meeting and that was something rare for me to feel since I've been doing things with a manager; whether it was Monica or Andrea. I walk into the building and the interior of the main floor is made of nothing but marble and mirrors.

I sit in one of the open chairs in the waiting room holding my journal close to me. I can't help but start bouncing my leg trying to calm myself and to keep me grounded in a way.

"Miss YLN, they will see you now." I nod my head standing up and brushing my free hand over my outfit before following the assistant to the conference room. I walk in and put a smile on my face.

"Hello YN, my name is David and I'm the head of Atlantic Records here in New York City."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir"

"It looks like all we are waiting on now is for Andrea to hop on the video chat and we can start the discussion." As soon as David stopped speaking the notification of Andrea calling popped up on the computer.

"Well, hello there Andrea, long time no see!" David exclaimed with a smile. This is the first time since I sat since I've seen him smile. I don't know why but David seems to be more of a detached person.

"David, good to see you again." Andrea says before pulling some papers out from under her desk.

"Let's get started, shall we?" David asked with his own forms in front of him. Andrea and I nodded our heads and David began to speak again. "Us here at Atlantic Records were amazed to see how many people listened to your single in less than 24 hours. You had no previous experience publishing music and had no fan base. We would like to offer you a contract with us to make an album consisting of 11 songs. We understand that you are currently in the process of filming a movie and understand that you will not be able to come back until October, is that correct?"