Chapter 48- December

Second week of December:

I sat in the Richard Rogers theater in NYC; 4 seats away from Lin. I was writing a new song for the New Year's Eve event in Times square while Lin and the music director were auditioning people for our extras. I feel my phone vibrate and see a notification from Scott. Clicking on it I see a video from Thanksgiving Day. However, it wasn't our duet. Instead, it was me and Chris joking around in the living room before we went out to the fire.

Memory:

I sat with the girls talking about our work when I looked over to see Chris plopping himself down in the chair and letting out a big sigh.

"I think after the meal we just had I might have a food baby." Chris tells us with a chuckle. I roll my eyes but smile.

"Watch out Chris you might want to start doing some crunched before Marvel decides to get you back in shape." Chris stood up and walked over to me, leaning down to my ear before whispering.

"Well, if that's the case you might want to start doing some lunges so your ass doesn't jiggle so much." I look up at him with a smug smile before grabbing the pillow and smacking him with it. I

let out a laugh "Fuck you, Chris."

Memory end.

I sent Scott a quick message telling him he had incredible timing and that this was exactly what I needed. I get brought out of my bubble when Lin calls my attention to help pick between a few extras now that they were leaving.

~*~

Following week; 4 days before Christmas.

Today at 5 pm we would post the cast listing. I had till 4:30 to decide my part and it was currently 3. I was on the verge of a breakdown so I called the one person I knew I could count on.

Ring... Ring...

"Hello?" I hear his concerned voice.

"Baby?" I ask nervous as I continue to overthink things.

"What's going on babies?" He asked me as I hear movement in the background. "Yeah, mom let me step out really quick to talk to her." I hear him say.

"I need to choose and I can't." My voice was shaky. I didn't feel comfortable having the final decision of my part and it was taking its toll on me.

"Okay, tell me everything, pros, cons, everything and we can work it out." I take a deep breath.

"Lin offered me two main parts. I can either play Eliza Schuyler or Angelica Schuyler."

"Okay, so tell me about Eliza first."

"She's the main love interest of Alexander, played by Lin. I worked incredibly hard on her character and she has a solo I wrote myself and love with all my heart. The down fall is I don't feel comfortable having to kiss Lin every show. I know it's a stupid reason I just don't think I can manage that all the time." I tell him honestly as I lay back on the couch.

"Why not? It's just acting."

"Sure, but there's a difference for me if I needed to kiss some 5 times for a scene vs kissing someone 3 times a day 6 days a week when I'm not dating them. If that makes any sense to you?"

"I can understand that. I've never thought about it that way. Okay, what about Angelica?"

"There's not a lot wrong with her. Sure, she isn't Eliza but she's a big deal. I did her songs too, there empowerment and meaning. I don't have to pretend to be pregnant with her like I would with Eliza."

I continue giving him information for a few minutes before finally coming to my own decision and Chris knows I have without me telling him.

"Go tell Lin who you want. You're still going to be home by Christmas eve, right?" My heart fluttered hearing him call it home.

"I'm driving back on Christmas Eve Eve. I would leave tomorrow but I need to finish my last-minute shopping." I smile; I was excited to be back with the Evans's family. It was manageable though. Chris came and visited me on the weekends with Dodger and depending on Shana and Scott's schedule they would drive down for a day to have lunch with me. I was still connected, more so now than before but it meant everything to me.

"We told you that you didn't need to buy us anything."

"I don't want to hear it Evans." There was a warning in my tone and he knew he wouldn't win an argument when I made up my mind with something like this.

~*~

I pull up to Chris' house with Loki on his little leash. I grab my duffle bag and Loki before we walked up to the door. I gave a soft knock and I heard the stampede of Dodgers feet. I heard Chris mutter to Dodger to get back just before the door opened.

"You're back early!" Chris exclaims stepping forward and wrapping me into a tight hug.

"Only by a couple hours." I chuckle but hold onto him like my life depended on it.

"Come in babies." I feel him kiss my temple and it made me feel whole. "Do you need me to get anything out of the car." I look up and see the mischievous look.

"Nope, I already stopped at your moms house and dropped off the presents. I knew if I kept them here you would open them early." He looks at the ground like a kid who got caught stealing from the cookie jar. "I know you too well." I chuckle walking to the living room and taking Loki's leash off.

"So, Mom was going to invite us to Christmas eve dinner tomorrow night, but I wanted to have a night to ourselves. I hope that's okay?"

"Of course, Chris!"

"I have the whole day planned out, if that's alright AND you can pick what we do tonight." I felt like a kid as I spoke. My hands fidgety and my voice came out sounding like I did when I was 10.

"Can we do homemade pizzas and Christmas movies?" I ask wide eyed with a smile. I watched Chris's face soften at my request.

"Of course, we can, that sounds like a perfect evening for us."

~*~

Chris just got back from the grocery store. He had absolutely nothing to make pizzas with. Imagine what Lisa would have to say if I told her that her son only had beer, ice cream and chips in the kitchen...

When he did get back and we started cooking I made sure we had the radio station on Christmas music as we stood on opposite sides of the island.

"So, can I know what our plans are for tomorrow?"

"Well, I heard we were supposed to get a good amount of snow tonight." My face lit up at the comment, I mean sure there was some snow on the ground but it was mostly melted or ice. "If it does, I was thinking we could build a snowman." I looked at him with a smirk. "Don't you say it."

"Do you want to build a snowman? Come on let's go and play!" I sang with a smile. I watched his eyebrows raise.

"Run." I let out a shriek running towards the front door. He was faster than me and caught me easily. His arms wrapped around me as he picked me up with a spin.

"Chris!" I squealed before giggling. He set me back on my feet. My back was still against his chest as I spoke. "What else were you thinking?"

"I thought we could do little holiday activates." He gave a half shrug almost embarrassed. I looked up seeing his chin and scruff. "I was thinking hot chocolate, gingerbread houses, paper snowflakes, movies, and then when it gets dark, I could drive you around and show you the Christmas lights and some of my old stomping grounds." I know it seemed weird but I wasn't wanting to move so I stood on my tip toes and kissed his chin.

"It sounds perfect." With that being said we waddled back into the kitchen with his arms still wrapped around me before going back to making pizza.