Chapter 14- Dinner tomorrow

I wake up and see that I'm laying on Chris's chest on the couch. I bite the inside of my cheek trying to hold back the smile as I blush. I get out of his grasp and look to see him peacefully asleep. I wish I could wake up every morning next to him. I leave him sleeping comfortably as I make my way to get a shower.

When I get out I decide to go with a pair of sweats and a tank top for comfort. I didn't bring a lot of fancy clothes with me since I knew I wouldn't often go out in public. I grab my journal and a pencil before making my way out to see Chris no longer on the couch. I quickly glance around and sigh. He must have left to his house. I sit on the edge of the couch and open my journal to a fresh page. A lot of people enjoyed my sad 'break up' song and expected more on the album but I didn't want that to be all there is.

With that in mind I started wracking my brain about what I wanted to sing about, what I felt, all of it. My brain soon started throwing words on the page trying to make sense of it all I chewed the back of the mechanical pencil to help think.

I look up from my journal taking a peak outside to see it's dark out. God, I spent all day here writing. I grab my phone and see 3 new messages from Chris.

C. Evans<3: Sorry I left without telling you, I had to get home to Dodger, Scott said he was giving him a lot of hassle.

C. Evans<3: Hey, haven't heard from you today. Are you okay?

C. Evans<3: Are you mad at me? I'm really sorry I left!

I felt a small pain in my chest reading those texts. I look to see it's only 8 so I quickly call him. It rings only one time when I hear his voice.

"YN?" Chris asked quickly. I could hear some rustling in the background.

"Hey, I'm sorry, my phone was on silent and I've been busy writing once I realized you were gone. I'm not mad at you, I don't think I could ever be mad at you." I heard Chris let out a shaky breath on the other end.

"You, uhm, you were writing?" Chris asked trying to avoid the topic all together now.

"Yeah, I didn't want all of my songs on the upcoming album to be all sad breakup songs. They may still be sad, but not breakup songs."

"Did you just say album?" I let out a nervous chuckle.

"Yeah, a lot has been going on I haven't really been able to give you all the updates." I say with a small sigh as I run my free hand through my hair.

"Well, how about we go out to dinner tomorrow night after work and you can tell me all about it?" I could tell Chris was nervous asking. My brain started over thinking. This couldn't be a date? Could it?

"Ye-yeah, I'd love to go to dinner. That sounds great." I bite my lip now nervous and excited.

"Great, it's a date. I got to go, Dodger is clawing at the door. I'll see you tomorrow YN." With that I hear the Line go dead and I'm left sitting here in shock not knowing if I just heard that man say what I think he said.