Chapter 26- Hosptial Visit

Between playing football on Thursday and these last 2 days of practice for our stunts my body was screaming in pain. I wanted nothing more than to lay in a bath for the next 6 hours in a warm bath with Epsom salts. However, that's not going to be happening anytime soon since I've only been here for 2 hours. 8-hour stunt days were the worse. Not only were they exhausting but the trainers marvel hired is having us do extra workouts to help burn off any calories we ate during the holidays.

To top off all the pain I haven't been able to talk to anyone today. I'm not necessarily an all-out extrovert but I do need human interaction to feel better and the only person I've talked to is the stunt director.

"Run it again!" The stunt director William instructed from the sideline. I let out a huff as I feel the sweat on my face. I realized early that my stunts are more intense than the others. I had managed to watch Seb and Scarlet working on theirs earlier and they were only doing like half movements to get the concept down, I on the other hand am almost doing a full combat run down. I was basically fighting full force against the other person.

I get my hands up and the man (Karl) comes in for the attack. I do a tuck roll to get away. The stunt involved a practice knife, punches and kicks. After a few minutes the stunt ends with me being slammed down onto my back. The slam came a lot harder than normal and I lay there before I let out a groan from the pain. My head was throbbing from impact on my head. I rolled onto my side a bit taking deep breaths.

After a few minutes I manage to open my eyes to realize my head is in someone's lap. I see Lizzie holding my head in her hands.

"You're okay, you hit your head really hard. Try and keep your eyes open, okay?"

"Okay." I whisper trying to focus on the commotion around us. I realize two different people were on the phones and the stunt director looks panicked.

"YN!" I hear Mackie shout.

"I'm tired." I whispered only for Lizzie to hear.

"We have medics on the way to check you over." Lizzie said as she held my head still. More of our coworkers were coming over and standing around watching the scene. Thankfully Chris wasn't here. I was afraid he would overreact if he saw this.

The medics arrived in about 4 minutes after Lizzie told me they had been called. I was put in a neck brace and put on a gurney to be sent to the hospital to be checked for a concussion.

"Try not to tell Chris, please. I don't need him to freak out and leave work." I tell Lizzie as the take me to the ambulance.

"Okay, I'll try not to but I can't promise. I will be there as soon as I get out of here to check on you, okay?"

"Okay, thanks Lizzie." With that I get put into the ambulance and taken to the hospital.

The hospital ride was fast and thankfully not that awkward. When I get there, I get checked in and the doctor comes over to check for a concussion. Just to make sure I don't have any internal bleeding.

After an hour and a half Lizzie comes in and sits with me while we wait for all the results. I couldn't thank Lizzie enough for being next to me while we waited. Hospitals were one of my biggest sources of anxiety.

"Miss YLN. The Xray shows no internal bleeding but you do have a mild concussion. You are on bed rest for the next 3 days before you can get back into work. When you do go back no full stunt. Pulled stunts are the best options so just go through the motions without actually contact for at least a week."

"Can I get a doctors note? I'm sure my bosses will be fine with that but I would just like a note to be sure."

"Of course, Miss YLN. I will go ahead and get that for you. When I come back, I'll have you sign your forms for discharge then you will be free to leave."

"Thank you, Doc." With a nod of the head he leaves the room. I lean back into the pillow and relax.

"YN?!" I move my heads to see Chris almost tripping as he rushes into the room. I look over at Lizzie and she shakes her head no. I knew she wasn't the one to tell him.

"Hey." I reply quietly. Guilt immediately taking over my thoughts.

"Are you okay?" Chris asked panicked.

"Calm down, I'm okay. I just have a mild concussion. I can't go in for the next 3 days. Then I'm on light stunt work without actual contact for the next week once I get back."

"A mild concussion?"

"I'm okay." I put out my hand and he takes it happily as he walks over and sits down in the chair to the left of the bed.

"I'm going to head out and let the others know what's going on. Call me if you need anything." Lizzie says with a soft smile before getting up leaving the room. Chris and I sat in silene and I could feel the mild tension between us.

"I'm sorry I didn't want you to know. Work is more important and I could tell there was nothing major going on to cause you any worry."

"I get why you did it but I wish you had told me. Or even had someone get me when it happened instead of Mackie asking me why I was still at work while you were heading by ambulance to the hospital. How did it happen?"

"I was doing full stunts. William was having me run the stunt over and over none stop for 2 hours. My body was already achy and burning still from football. When the final part of the stunt happened when I get slammed down Karl used to much force and I hit my head on the ground on impact instead of the matt. I was on the ground, when I opened my eyes and Lizzie was holding me and place saying everything was okay." Chris took in that information and doesn't say anything else. The awkward silence filling the air yet again but this time it was more of a calm silence.

20 minutes go by and the Doctor comes back in with the note and the forms to be discharged. Chirs holds my hand tightly as we leave the hospital still not yet saying anything else to each other.

"Do you want me to take you home?" Chris asked as we got into the car.

"No, I need to go back to set to at least give the Russo's the note and figure out what they want to do from there."

Chris didn't say anything again but drove us to the studio. I knew at a minimum he was still upset about how things played out but I was glad he was there with me right now while my nerves were high.

"You alright?" Chris asked as he noticed me bouncing my leg trying to calm my nerves.

"I hated being in hospitals, bad memories. I know I'm not in it anymore but still on high alert." Chris gave a soft smile and rested his hand on my left leg and the comfort. I let out a sigh of relief from contact. I relaxed back into the seat and Chris moved his hand for a moment just to turn on the radio before resting his hand on my leg again.

"I love this song." It was Ed Sherran Thinking out Loud that had came out a few months prior. "When your legs don't work like the used to before and I can't sweep you off of your feet. Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love? Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?" I closed my eyes as I sang.

"And darling, I will be loving you till we're seventy, and baby, my heart could still fall as hard at twenty-three, and I'm thinking 'bout how" Chris sang while he drove.

"People fall in love in mysterious ways. Maybe just the touch of a hand. Well, me I fall in love with you every single day. I just wanna tell you I am." We sang together. The moment felt whole. I knew Chris and I hadn't said I love you yet to each other but in this moment I could feel the love even without words.